U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 02:26 PM

20 posts, read 45,750 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know about the Adonea subdivision south of 70 and east of E470? I see that they're building the new K-20 school there and the Horizon Uptown area which I would expect to be future draws to the area. I'm looking at a new construction home that I can get for a very reasonable price. I realize that the location is a bit "out there" but it seems like with the quick access to 70 and gun club road it'd be pretty easy to get to downtown or Southlands. Thoughts? Thanks for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 03:16 PM

20,840 posts, read 39,052,603 times
K-20? Did you mean K-12?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:24 PM

Nope. It's a new concept school that goes from Kindergarden all the way through an associate's degree all in one campus. It's supposed to better prepare students for entry into the workforce or college.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:53 PM

3,111 posts, read 4,882,341 times
Are we talking about k-14? If it is k-20, it would seem that spending 8 years after the end of high school to get an associates degree seems a little excessive.

Is the school public? If it is, then that area is part of the Aurora Public School System. APS right now has a serious budget and morale problem. Also, test scores at the APS high schools are pretty low. The lowest is Aurora Central, which city-data.com rates at 17/100, and the highest is Rangeview which city-data.com rates as 31/100. You can interpret any of these ratings and how they reflect on APS as a whole as you wish.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:08 PM

5,608 posts, read 20,670,324 times
I think it means Kindergarten through 20 years old.

No one has a crystal ball obviously, but my hunch is if you want to see what Adonea and other developments in northeast Aurora will look like 10, 15 years from now, look at what Green Valley Ranch looks like today. Isn't real estate investment about location, location, location-- resell value, not just the cheapest $/sq ft?

If you're looking at new home developments in Aurora, I'd recommend buying in southeast Aurora within the Cherry Creek School district. Whether it's real or perceived, CCSD has a great reputation within the Denver metro area, whereas Aurora Public Schools does not. The neighborhoods right next to the Southlands Mall (Saddle Rock, Tallyn's Reach, Wheatgrass) near Smoky Hill/E-470 can be pricey, but a little further north off Quincy, look at neighborhoods like East Quincy Highlands, Tallgrass, Copperleaf.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 19 days ago)

10,882 posts, read 29,310,762 times
Unless Adonea is being developed by Oakwood, there is little change the former will resemble the latter.

I work for a group of investors that buy a house in a new subdivision banking on being able to rent to new home buyers. Aurora Public Schools is working on it's academic program.

The future is very difficult to predict with any accuracy.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:58 PM

Thanks for the info vegaspilgrim. I've been looking mostly in the CCSD as you suggested but took a look at the new homes in Adonea and was pretty impressed by what you get for the money (largely due to the great interest rate you can get from the builder) and thought that the new school and upcoming Horizon Uptown area might be a good draw to the area. I'm not necessarily looking for a new home but I don't really want a 40 year old money pit either. I never imagined that finding a house I want to live in in a decent area would be so hard to find.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:01 PM

2beindenver can you elaborate a little on what you mean? I know that being like Green Valley Ranch is a bad thing, but what did the builder do to make it like that? The house I'm looking at is built by Lennar which I've heard good things about. I'm just trying to find a place I can afford that is close to Buckley, resellable, has a decent amount of space, isn't social suicide, and has a two stall garage.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 19 days ago)

10,882 posts, read 29,310,762 times
Oakwood has been developing GVR for decades. For a long time there were no stores, no banks, no airport, no other builders...

The new high school opens soon. Things may be looking up for GVR.

If you have hired a real estate broker, I should not comment on a specific real estate transaction.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:06 PM

I have hired a broker so I respect that you can't comment. Can you say anything generally about the area? Maybe other areas without a lot of foreclosures and short sales that would be good for resale?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver