Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 12:42 AM

4 posts, read 6,538 times

Advertisements

Hi My husband & I are considering a move to Colorado. I am trying to research as much as possible now. Here is our info, anything you can help with would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance.

Work will be at the airport - over night shift.

Would like under a 30 minute commute if possible??

Family neighborhood, we have young kids great community

**We currently live in a "great neighborhood" - .7 miles from their school, somehow there are no children on our street our kids ages. Do not want that to happen again.

Great schools are a must =) **meaning, PTA, volunteering, teachers happiness, teachers involvement, principal involvement, activities. While academics are important, so is the atmosphere. I am not in love with our current school, I volunteer weekly in the classes, the lunch room, field trips ect.**

looking to purchase, we have a full house - so renting first, tho ideal is not practical in our situation...

anything else you can add in would be great!!

Thank you very much for your time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 12:48 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,308,989 times
SE Aurora near the Southlands Mall (E-470 & Smoky Hill Rd) is chock full of families with babies and little kids everywhere. The schools (Cherry Creek Schools) are pretty highly regarded. Commute to DIA can be under 30 minutes if you take E-470, the toll road, unfortunately it's a very expensive toll road. Here's my photo tour of the area: Southeast Aurora, CO -- PHOTO TOUR. Search the archives for posts by "the3Ds" who lives in this area.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:44 AM

11,826 posts, read 34,433,423 times
Price range? # beds, baths, wants in a house?

Old 07-11-2010, 10:30 AM

4 posts, read 6,538 times
We are looking for 4 plus bedrooms, 3 plus bedrooms - 2500 square feet minimum.. Would like to keep it under $350, - not being from the area, not sure if that is over or under for a good area. My joke to my husband, we don't want to be the poor family of the rich neighborhood, or the rich family of the poor neighborhood would like a nice balance. Tend to like the newer houses with a bigger, open style kitchen. A good size yard. We like to spend time outside with the kids and dogs. We like company - with moving to a new state, family and friends would be staying with us, so we need room to move.
If we could keep the price under 300 in a similar city/neighborhood we are good with that =D I am a stay at home mom while the kids are young and would like to keep it that way, while still being in a nice area.
Thank you very much for your time.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:02 AM

11,826 posts, read 34,433,423 times
Reunion, Fronterra Village in Commerce City River Oaks in Henderson as a start.

All newer houses in close proximity to the airport.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:14 PM

43 posts, read 114,321 times
Stillwater has some very nice, well built Woodcrest homes and some fantastic bargains. Amenities are increasing and it's very handy to downtown (20-25 mins) and DIA (20-25 mins). Some nice views, too. Schools are getting better, although still not great. I think the area is up and coming (new Adams county center, etc) despite the snobbery you will encounter online regarding anything Northeast of Denver.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:07 PM

529 posts, read 1,325,832 times
You got the job part out of the way. 90% of the work!

Old 07-29-2010, 09:03 PM

30 posts, read 71,856 times
Stapleton!! If you want young, liberal, city-oriented-but-want-suburban-amenities types of people. It's a great place to live. Otherwise, as mentioned above, the Southlands area might be great. Much more conservative, more cookie-cutter, but full of great schools and active parents. I'd steer clear of Adams county at the moment; property values are volatile. And don't even think about Green Valley Ranch, although I'm sure the homes come up in your area searches. Too many foreclosures!!

Old 07-30-2010, 01:08 PM

181 posts, read 582,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariafraietta View Post
Stapleton!!
Stapleton for a 4+3, 2500 square feet, $350K is not realistic.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:09 AM

43 posts, read 114,321 times
I posted about Stillwater-- which is in Henderson. Thimig school is walking distance and, although it is new and not yet rated that great on "Great Schools", all the parents of kids I know that go there really love it. Lots of activities and community involvement-- dances, movie nights, etc. Henderson has lots of foreclosures (nothing like Green Valley Ranch, though). But the neighborhood, location and homes are very nice, especially in Stillwater and the very new River Oaks. The foreclosures are due to these particular builders financing very irresponsibly, and the fact the Stillwater homes built by Woodcrest were some of the nicest but most expensive in the area. I think this area will be sought after soon, if people can hang on ( great location/commute to everything, new amenities, sweeping mountain views). Many of the homeowners in Stillwater are very committed to staying and investing in their local schools and community. I think those who take advantage of the bargains in Stillwater in Henderson are going to do well in the long run, although it might take 3-5 years due to the bank's dumping the foreclosures at very cheap prices. Best of luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver