Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2010, 10:48 AM

48 posts, read 175,847 times

Advertisements

Hi all...

Visited Denver last month for a week and I am eagerly looking for a change. I have been in Texas for 2 years now, originally from Florida. I am considering moving next month and starting classes there.

I spoke to someone and they said that after October, its just always snowing and its not a good time to be there. I felt it was pretty lively when I went, but Im not sure if Denver is one of those places that just shutdown and hibernate all winter long. Or is it not even that bad?

Basically asking, is Denver a seasonal place?

Old 07-12-2010, 10:55 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,154,100 times
Denver's got 4 seasons, and is active during all of them. Including Winter.

Rare to have serious snowfall in October, although there have been historical storms come through at the end of the month. For the most part, early season snowstorms don't last on the roads or the ground ... melt off very quickly in the sun along with the ambient ground temps. The snow typically doesn't build up until the late winter storms which have more moisture than the cold temp storms of the middle of winter.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:57 AM

420 posts, read 768,055 times
Winters here are greatly exaggerated. It will snow for a day, or less, and by mid afternoon it can be sunny and bright. Often times it will snow and by the next day it
will look like nothing came down! When it does snow, however, traffic can become a hassel (people here suck at driving in the city), but by no means will you have to
"hibernate."

Dont get me wrong, there is the occasional week long snow storm that stops everything, but in general our winters fluxuate between cold and mild, day to day. You just gotta be ready for any type of weather ha

Old 07-12-2010, 10:58 AM

6,776 posts, read 9,332,326 times
No, it doesn't close down. In fact, one thing I DISLIKE about Denver is that it doesn't snow enough in winter!

Old 07-12-2010, 11:16 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Close down in Winter? Good grief, it's a major metro area of 3M people! No, it doesn't close down in winter.

Thread closed.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver