U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-22-2010, 08:46 PM

299 posts, read 429,212 times

Advertisements

haha classic!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 12:49 AM

4,931 posts, read 8,809,802 times
Another exaggeration from KaaBoom. He has never been to New York City, according to his own posts. He has not lived in Denver for 20 years---interesting and he is the expert on the differences in noise between these cities. Come-on, this is all BS. I have lived here for 31 years and I have lived in NYC, in Manhattan, in Queens, in the Bronx---New Yawk is much louder than Denver, everyday of the week. The traffic is not the only noise; the people are louder; the smells are obstrusive; you can hear the brisk movement of the pushy crowds. In addition, millions of native New Yawker moves their hands and shoulder, fast and furious with an auditory assault of expletives, punctuated by a flavorful flatus--believe me, much more noise than crickets in a country night.

Reading stuff on the web and looking at videos will never, that is NEVER give you the real feel, smells and noise of NYC. I am tawking to ya...getoutahere!

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 09-23-2010 at 12:59 AM..

Old 10-18-2010, 09:22 PM

66 posts, read 83,920 times
Default Freeeeeedom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
We've kicked this topic around a lot, I'm willing to sit tight until Birdie gets here later this year and gives us her fresh opinion.
OK! MOVE UPDATE: MOVED TO DENVER LAST WEEK FROM NYC.
NOISE VERDICT? THIS PLACE IS HEAVEN!!!
Living at the Glass House at Riverfront Park. No noise whatsoever! Been downtown. NO NOISE WHATSOEVER. BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS. I am HOME.
I feel SO sorry for anyone left behind in New York Sh*tty. Just thinking about that awful place makes me ill.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:32 PM

299 posts, read 429,212 times
Ironically I am sitting a hotel room in SoHo right now (Canal St and Lafayette). There is a really loud jackhammer going outside where some work is being done, and lots of horn honking to go with it. It's 10:31 PM. Loud, as usual

Last night I was sleeping at my house in Denver near 23rd and High St in Whittier, and I woke up because a fire truck went right by our house with the sirens on. That hardly ever happens, usually it's dead silent!

I still like some things about NYC but quiet? No.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:31 AM

17,373 posts, read 24,638,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalobirdie View Post
OK! MOVE UPDATE: MOVED TO DENVER LAST WEEK FROM NYC.
NOISE VERDICT? THIS PLACE IS HEAVEN!!!
Living at the Glass House at Riverfront Park. No noise whatsoever! Been downtown. NO NOISE WHATSOEVER. BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS. I am HOME.
I feel SO sorry for anyone left behind in New York Sh*tty. Just thinking about that awful place makes me ill.
THANK YOU so much for the followup, all of us REALLY appreciate that you got back to us with the update.

I share your opinions of this region. You're going to love it here.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
THANK YOU so much for the followup, all of us REALLY appreciate that you got back to us with the update.

I share your opinions of this region. You're going to love it here.
I already DO LOVE IT HERE! The weather? NO HUMIDITY. Gorgeous skies. BEAUTIFUL fall colors. The People are FRIENDLY AND SAY "HELLO." NO crowds AT ALL! Almost too empty. NO crazy people stomping around with an agenda to be a MILLIONAIRE or a celebrity. SO EFFIN CLEAN!!!! NO NOISE!!!! YAY!! No horns honking. The light rail? It simply goes "ding ding" like a cute little trolley - not an EAR- SPLITTING BLARING HORN HONK like the NYC subways. And the MOUNTAIN VIEWS?? OMG. I had to pull over once because I realized I wasn't paying attention to the road! lol.
My only concern is that this amazing secret won't last forever!

Old 11-23-2010, 04:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,443 times
Default Noise Level in Downtown Denver

I am thinking about moving to downtown denver. I like downtown a lot. But I do have the concern about the noise level as I am a really light sleeper. This may sound funny. Every time I need to move to somewhere I will need to look at the map to see how close the train is. I do see the train track is close to downtown. If someone lives close to downtown and is a light sleeper, can you please suggest if the train blowing the horns every hour at night when you are sleeping? How is the noise level in this area? I appreciate your feedback.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:49 PM

8,670 posts, read 19,322,178 times
use earplugs or a white noise machine.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:04 AM

17 posts, read 26,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalobirdie View Post
We are moving to Denver from NYC in October. In NYC the constant sirens and blasted horn honking are making me a nervous wreck!!
How bad is it in Denver? What intersections of downtown are the most quiet? Is noise pollution a problem there?
For the most part downtown is pretty quiet. Now, the areas that have the bars might get a bit noisy on busier nights, or when the bars let out

But its nothing like NYC with sirens and horn blasting, just drunk people on the street.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:08 PM

ok LAST UPDATE: Except for the train noise occasionally and its horrendous sound when it buckles (sounds like a bomb going off) there is nothing but peace and quiet here in downtown Union Station from what I have seen. There really is NO comparison between here and NYC. None at all. NONE. The intersection of 3rd and 96th in NYC where we lived truly was a NIGHTMARE. Just thinking about it now I laugh. There, sirens and horns going bonkers ALL DAY, EVERYDAY. Here in Denver? I haven't heard a horn blaring ONCE. NOT ONCE! And sirens? I think I've heard two - maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver