Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2010, 04:02 PM

7 posts, read 8,170 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

A good friend of mine and I (26 and 25 respectively) have lived in Wisconsin our entire lives and are considering moving out to Colorado as we both love snowboarding/skiing.

We are both single and are looking to make changes and have both been out to Winter Park, CO a few times.

I am looking to find a little more information about where 2 single twenty something males might be better off living and looking for jobs. We are both very active and I hear that CO has 300+ days of sunlight and that couldn't be more exciting to move to.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 04:23 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Tell us more, as in what sort of work you do or are seeking, etc.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:55 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,306,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorefreshing12 View Post
Hi everyone!

A good friend of mine and I (26 and 25 respectively) have lived in Wisconsin our entire lives and are considering moving out to Colorado as we both love snowboarding/skiing.

We are both single and are looking to make changes and have both been out to Winter Park, CO a few times.
Which changes?

Quote:
I am looking to find a little more information about where 2 single twenty something males might be better off living and looking for jobs. We are both very active and I hear that CO has 300+ days of sunlight and that couldn't be more exciting to move to.
Actually, it's 365 days of sunlight.

According to the weather stats, 115 clear days, 130 partly cloudy days, and 120 cloudy days per year on average.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:21 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,778,248 times
Most of Colorado consists of small, isolated towns which would probably be boring for you. You're probably gonna want to stick to the Front Range (Denver, Boulder, Colorado Springs) which will give you access to the mountains and outdoors as well as the city life and social scene.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,204 times
Hi Guys,

I am from WI as well! Been out here for over 7 years. Nothing beats the 300 plus days of sunshine after living in long winters in WI with the lack of sun, and cold temps. As for jobs you will find them all over CO. As for living, I would suggest living closer to downtown Denver. If you want the nightlife, bars, clubs, ability to walk to many of these spots or short cab rides, Uptown, LoDo, Highlands are great options for young guys.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:26 PM

420 posts, read 768,252 times
Look into living in BOulder too. It was rated the #1 place for singles in the U.S. by some source or other.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:31 PM

529 posts, read 1,325,743 times
As far as jobs go, where are they? In Colorado? I haven't seen any there.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:28 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,778,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloexprt View Post
As for jobs you will find them all over CO.
Yeah, you'll find people working at their jobs all over Colorado. But as for job openings where you actually have a reasonable chance of competing and winning a job offer, good luck. There's very few of those around.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:44 AM

119 posts, read 469,197 times
I'm originally from Wisconsin as well. I love Denver. Not much to dislike as long as you do find a job. The winters are much more mild but the summers are a little bit more difficult. As far as where you guys relocate to, it depends on what type of employment you are looking for. Most jobs are obviously along the front range. Boulder is a nice city but it is expensive. I'd second the recommendations about neighborhoods to live in the city of Denver. I'd also suggest some of the areas around Denver University. Make sure you really want to live in Denver before you move. I wouldn't move out here unless I had employment lined up. The job market is tough and you can't just assume you'll get a job. Good luck.

Old 08-01-2010, 06:39 AM

45 posts, read 96,748 times
My husband and I are originally from WI too and did just what you did in our 20's, only we went to San Diego first. With no jobs. But it was a different time then. We love Denver and have been here 22 years. Our 20-something daughter has lived in Boulder and now is in Capitol Hill which she loves and I'd recommend that. Or Uptown.
Good luck!

Sue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver