Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 01:15 AM

8 posts, read 25,422 times

Advertisements

Hi to whomever is taking the time to read this. First of all, thank you . Myself and another co-worker just found out we are getting relocated to Denver. We work for the airlines and were told we have to be in Denver by friday. We are in Memphis Tenn right now so searching for an apartment is tricky. Everyplace I look online has bad reviews for everyplace. So I am hoping for some help.

So far I have been told by a friend Arvada (sp) would be a nice area. Other then that I have no clue. The only real things that matter are the following.

* thirty minutes or less to commute to the airport
* A safe area
* A two bedroom place that is say under 1000.00 a month

I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone can give. Thank you kindly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 07:39 AM

6,799 posts, read 9,350,606 times
I have a friend who works at the airport and lives at The Regatta right on the edge of Northglenn. It doesn't seem like it's terribly far from the airport and he seems to be happy with living there while working at DIA.

I live at Deerfield in SE Denver and the commute to the airport is more like 40 minutes depending on traffic, but I've been happy with it. It's an older complex, but generally in good shape, although I've been a bit frustrated by my high energy bills lately because the place doesn't seem very energy-efficient. I do like the location a lot, however, because it's relatively close to downtown Denver, yet not terribly far from the airport, etc., but still has a quiet/suburban feel to it.

Just thought I'd give you those two ideas. There are plenty of other apartments to choose from too, obviously!

Old 08-13-2010, 09:18 AM

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your imput. It is greatly appreciated

Old 08-13-2010, 09:22 AM

529 posts, read 1,325,832 times
Move into a Motel6 studio or something and then look for an apartment from there since you don't have much time.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:38 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,418,753 times
Don't put too much faith in the online reviews. Get yourself into an extended stay (or even a normal) hotel and spend a day visiting those apartments that look good to you. It took my wife and I 2 nights in a hotel when we moved down, and visiting about 6 places before deciding (ironically, we moved into the first one we saw of those 6, but we didn't know they would be the best when there). Since we only signed a 3 month lease, it wasn't Really important to nail down a good place (only used it as a base for house hunting) ~ if you're planning on staying there for awhile, you may want to spend a lot more effort/time in looking. But you need to do it in person.

That said, I know nothing about that area so can't help with apartments. Have you thought about renting a house as well? Might be something else to consider (quality of life is Substantially higher IMHO).

Old 08-13-2010, 10:03 AM

Thank you all for the advice. and yes we have considered a house or townhouse. Just tricky to look while not in the area. So figured I'd get what imput I could from here and then once we get there spend a day or two looking.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:06 AM

4 posts, read 5,492 times
I lived in Highlands Ranch. The Bluffs at Highlands actually (apartments), it was close to !) years ago, but I hear it is still a very nice area still. Not sure on the pricing or how long it took to get to the airport though.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:04 AM

331 posts, read 990,053 times
I've made the drive from Highlands Ranch to the airport, and it definitely took me longer than 30 minutes. That was with little traffic. Try that during heavy traffic? No way.

I'd also recommend against trusting online reviews. Most people only give a review if they're unhappy, so it's pretty biased. However, if multiple people complain about management, may want to take that into account.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:00 PM

84 posts, read 337,638 times
Arvada and Northglenn and Thornton are all suburbs- Arvada in particular is kinda conservative, but that's all relative because the metro area isn't that conservative at all. If you want to be right near the airport, I'd suggest Stapleton- it's close enough without being either in the boring, bland suburbs, or genuinely scary, high-crime areas such as Montbello, and certain parts of the GVR development (GVR isn't ghetto, it just absorbs the crime from Montbello and North Aurora).

Old 08-13-2010, 06:13 PM

2,394 posts, read 5,000,289 times
I looked at the Bluffs @ Highlands Ranch and they were nice. Decided on Monte Vista just a few miles away in Littleton. I think it's 40-45 min drive to the airport though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver