Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2008, 08:50 AM

13,826 posts, read 29,843,342 times

Advertisements

In March, I moved from an apartment (free common dumpster to use), into a house. This is the first time I've lived in a place (Aurora) that didn't have a municipal trash collection service.

So you're stuck with a bunch of choices.

I went with Waste Management (y'know, name recognition), and it has turned out to be a nightmare. The first week, they ignored my trash. I enrolled in their recycling program and it hasn't been picked up in 6 (six) weeks! It's never been picked up! I've called them on it every time and they keep changing their mind as to which week recycling is picked up in my area, or they blame it on driver or accounting error. They are always very cordial on the phone, and claim they are going to resolve my issue, but don't. Last Thursday, my recycling wasn't picked up again. It's even in big green bins with the words "WASTE MANAGEMENT" printed all over them for goodness sakes.

It's a shame that when a household is trying to be "green" it ultimately can't because their rubbish company won't pick up the recyclables.

Anybody have any other recommendations? I'm getting ready to cancel WM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 09:23 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,169,504 times
Pro Disposal Inc. is supposed to be good. I know that they just expanded their curbside recycling and they take way more then WM. We have WM and we ended up canceling the recycling service and just dropping it off ourselves since they don't take hardly anything anyway with their curbside service.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:01 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,086,827 times
We also had terrible service with Waste Mgmt and switched to Pro Disposal. I would recommend Pro Disposal. They missed our recycling once in almost a year. That is my only complaint. They also just started accepting more recyclables - #'s 1-7 instead of only 1 and 2, and cardboard.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:11 PM

719 posts, read 2,612,508 times
Our HOA has used Evergreen Disposal Service for 20 years. They pick up recyc.'s weekly, incl. tin, alum cans, #'s 1,2 &3 plastic,glass, newspapers, paper, and even magazines.
Check 'em out.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:41 PM

17,932 posts, read 27,355,851 times
We've had Waste Mngmt (brown bins though) for over 8 years and I hate them and their service but we haven't bothered to change yet.

I'm loyal that way. It's about 55 bucks every few months and if we stick it out there, they come get it.

Sometimes the lid busts off the bin or a wheel falls off and I gotta call them up to replace it. They reluctantly do it like 3 weeks later or so. And we reluctantly pay our bill.

I'm not a big trash person, so I don't give it much thought. I'm more concerned with the propane bill. Now there's a subject for another thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: