Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 12:34 AM

1,371 posts, read 3,696,911 times

Advertisements

I don't really get the "there is no fall color here". Naturally, we don't have the tree coverage like the states east of the Mississippi do, but for what we've got, the colors this year are great. Surprisingly enough, Denver metro has not had its first hard freeze (although it's coming next week) of the year yet, which is nice, since early freezes tend to negate a good color fest.

I don't really get the comment(s) about trees being non-native. Who cares? It's a discussion about color, not native species. Let's not get on YET ANOTHER discussion about how Denver would have no trees if they weren't planted. Uggh, that's such a tired conversation.

I don't know where everyone else is living, but in my area, the trees are spectacular. There are blazing maples everywhere (the main street through our neighborhood is lined on both sides with about 30 of them) and the reds and deep oranges are incredible, especially with the high snow-capped peaks in the background. Unfortunately, the high winds late this afternoon stripped some trees of many of their leaves, so I have a feeling it'll be too short-lived. I take the color here for what it is. Some years it's great, some years it sucks. It (Denver proper) will never compare to the east coast, so there's no real reason to even have that discussion.

Re the mountains - gold is not the only color and only naive people would even say that. The San Juans, in particular, are breathtakingly beautiful during the fall. With the classic rugged terrain and alpine snowfields, there's something the east coast could never boast about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver