U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 02:09 PM

2,755 posts, read 11,739,675 times

Advertisements

There are definitely ethnic enclaves in Metro Denver that do surprisingly well. As mentioned, there are hundreds of Pho places, South Federal being the epicenter of that. There are also a surprising concentration of Ethiopian restaurants, dozens of them along east Colfax. Arabic food is also pretty well represented -- S Colorado Blvd offering good options in that department. Korean food go to Aurora, along Parker Road, ditto North Indian and South Indian, both pretty well represented there. A handful of Dim Sum places along Alameda and South Federal are plentiful and good.

Denver isn't as "ethnic" as the Bay Area or SoCal, so we don't have quite the quantity of options as you'll find there -- particularly in terms of Chinese, or as many of the excellent Iranian places you might find in Los Angeles. But, we have some good options here by any measure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 02:29 PM

555 posts, read 1,035,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheridanL View Post
If you haven't found ANY kind of good ethnic food, you haven't looked hard enough!!!! For gosh sakes,....what does anyone expect out of a city...????......ALL countries and continents represented???? Does anybody wonder where the Danish icecream and New Zealand burgers are?? I thought not!!!!
Get over how some cities aren't New York for goodness sakes!! If that's what one looks for,..then move there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go over to different countries and look for OUR many different kinds of food,.....do you see them and find them.......exactly....not happening??!!
Colorado/Denver is no different...not behind, just what it is.
dude chill. i didn't move here for the food so i don't particularly care that I can't find the same ethnic food I used to in new york. i was just answering the original poster's question.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:29 PM

180 posts, read 321,325 times
Being from Chicago, I think the food here is pretty underwhelming.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:06 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,709,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT28107 View Post
Being from Chicago, I think the food here is pretty underwhelming.
I think it's influences like this that will divide opinion on the matter. Those from large, dense, cosmopolitan cities will probably find the food selection here a bit sparse, while those from other parts of the country may be pleasantly surprised to find out we have a decent variety with some good quality.

I will say this...there is quite a few experimental restaurants around Denver...for good and ill

Old 11-02-2010, 11:40 AM

299 posts, read 628,899 times
Same old answer:

Compared to NY, LA, Chicago, etc. Denver doesn't even come close. But, for a city of this size there is a pretty good selection of food and you can find lots of good places. Not every ethnicity is represented, but there is a bigger selection than I expected when I moved here.

Much better than SLC MUCH!

Old 11-02-2010, 01:07 PM

4 posts, read 9,606 times
The Optimistic Omnivore: Denver Dining in 2010 - Denver Magazine - January 2010 - Denver, CO (http://www.denvermagazine.com/January-2010/The-Optimistic-Omnivore-Denver-Dining-in-2010/ - broken link)

One thing Denver does have is really good fish, which is surprising until you break down the distribution channels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver