U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-26-2010, 02:23 PM
 
2,805 posts, read 4,222,602 times
Reputation: 2056

Advertisements

Is it safe? Are there gangs in the surrounding area? Would you buy a place there? In relation to other Denver neighborhoods, on a scale of 1-10, how high or low would you rate it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 19 days ago)
 
Location: Just south of Denver since 1989
10,882 posts, read 29,310,762 times
Reputation: 7085
I think a call the police department is in order for the first two questions.

The last question is subjective. How much are you spending? How long would you stay? Would it be easy to sell or rent in the future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2010, 02:29 PM
 
2,805 posts, read 4,222,602 times
Reputation: 2056
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I think a call the police department is in order for the first two questions.

The last question is subjective. How much are you spending? How long would you stay? Would it be easy to sell or rent in the future?
No it's not about what I would do. It's all about YOU. Would you move you and your family there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 19 days ago)
 
Location: Just south of Denver since 1989
10,882 posts, read 29,310,762 times
Reputation: 7085
I am a real estate broker. I would move there in a heartbeat if I did not already have a teenager in high school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2010, 05:22 PM
 
Location: Boulder, CO
11 posts, read 22,537 times
Reputation: 10
I'm a student here and I feel as though the area around the Auraria Campus (which houses CU Denver) is safe.

Unless you're talking about the Health Sciences Centre in Aurora. That place is just unfortunately located in such an awful area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2010, 09:01 PM
 
Location: Arvada, CO
13,227 posts, read 24,316,643 times
Reputation: 12943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Is it safe?
Nothing has happened to me there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Are there gangs in the surrounding area?
Beats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Would you buy a place there?
If I worked in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
In relation to other Denver neighborhoods, on a scale of 1-10, how high or low would you rate it?
I don't know. Somewhere in the middle.

Why are you asking these questions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2010, 05:15 AM
 
2,805 posts, read 4,222,602 times
Reputation: 2056
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaSideways View Post
I'm a student here and I feel as though the area around the Auraria Campus (which houses CU Denver) is safe.

Unless you're talking about the Health Sciences Centre in Aurora. That place is just unfortunately located in such an awful area.
Thanks, I've never been there but had the impression that Aurora was a nicer suburban area. Guess not. The medical campus looks nice on youtube. It's new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2010, 05:24 AM
 
2,805 posts, read 4,222,602 times
Reputation: 2056
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Nothing has happened to me there.
Don't know.
Why are you asking these questions?
Oh I'm just scouting possible locations for my Ph.D program. The CU Boulder campus looks real nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2010, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Arvada, CO
13,227 posts, read 24,316,643 times
Reputation: 12943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Thanks, I've never been there but had the impression that Aurora was a nicer suburban area. Guess not. The medical campus looks nice on youtube. It's new.
The medical campus is very nice. However, they built it next to Aurora's least desirable neighborhoods.

Aurora is a city of over 320,000 people, so it runs the gamut from inner-city ghettos to new McMansion/golf course suburbia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Oh I'm just scouting possible locations for my Ph.D program. The CU Boulder campus looks real nice.
The CU Boulder campus is nice too. It would definitely give you more of the college vibe than the Auraria campus (CU Denver) would IMO. However, Auraria has an excellent location near Downtown and the stadiums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2010, 08:46 AM
 
2,805 posts, read 4,222,602 times
Reputation: 2056
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
The medical campus is very nice. However, they built it next to Aurora's least desirable neighborhoods.

Aurora is a city of over 320,000 people, so it runs the gamut from inner-city ghettos to new McMansion/golf course suburbia.
The CU Boulder campus is nice too. It would definitely give you more of the college vibe than the Auraria campus (CU Denver) would IMO. However, Auraria has an excellent location near Downtown and the stadiums.
See, that's the reason I like City Data. Schools would never give up that type of information. Cool so CU Denver is in a good/ok area after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:40 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top