Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2010, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,378 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm new to this and also worried about moveing from NY to CO and how many diffrent cultures there are all in 1 city.To all the mom's out there,where would you /do you send your children to school and why?I have been researching the school's and what they are rated. A word of mouth listening to friends that have lived in Aurora for 10 years and love every minute of it. Can someone give me some advise as to what a good school location is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 12:59 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,011,343 times
Try a search (in the upper right corner).
Use words such as Denver Public School system. If you are interested in private schools, use those search terms as well.

My kids went to Bromwell Elementary, Hill Middle School as well as Place Middle School, and East High School as well as George Washington High School.
They got a good education,but it is important for a parent to stay on top of his child's situation. Also both parent, and as time goes on, the child, must assertively use the system, get into challenging classes, etc.

My family moved from Long Island to Denver back in 1968.
Culturally, it was probably much more of a shock back then than it would be now.
I had never tasted guacamole, or known that Beef Production could be a college major.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:47 PM

305 posts, read 770,126 times
All the schools in the Cherry Creek school district in SE Aurora are generally regarded as excellent. Same with Littleton Public Schools and Douglas County Schools. Denver Public Schools are hit or miss--you'll have to do some research. A great website to check out stats of individual schools is: www.greatschools.net.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:40 PM

7 posts, read 12,117 times
We are in Littleton and love it! Smaller size that Douglas County and better budget management and funding for the schools. Aurora and DPS have a bad reputation for some but if you do your research their are great schools in all of the districts in Colorado. Specifically we are at Franklin Elementary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver