Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:58 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,433,423 times

Advertisements

If I was your broker, I can think of 10 new home communities.

The bigger question is what do you want your new community to have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2007, 09:06 PM

39 posts, read 158,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
If I was your broker, I can think of 10 new home communities.

The bigger question is what do you want your new community to have?
To be honest I don't really care other than a good elementary school in or nearby and maybe a rec center and some trails nearby. Really the main thing is a little bigger lot size more than .25 acre. I have been heard alot about the Pineries area subdivision?But can't find any specific builders in that area just older homes.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:17 PM

There are 19 currently on the market built since 2005 on at least .20 acres.

The trouble with new is the lot premium, and the time it takes to build.

A lot depends on when are you landing here. Whether you have the luxury of building from dirt, or taking an inventory home.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:26 PM

39 posts, read 158,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
There are 19 currently on the market built since 2005 on at least .20 acres.

The trouble with new is the lot premium, and the time it takes to build.

A lot depends on when are you landing here. Whether you have the luxury of building from dirt, or taking an inventory home.
I have one question for you and answers to your questions.

-Sorry stupid question, but what is this lot premium?

We will be landing next year inJune Or July so time is available and we can go either way from dirt or buy from inventory. If we go from dirt we will have pick our home and builder and everything by the end of year I assume but if not we will have a little more time. That being said I will aim to wrap any home purchase by end of this year.

Last edited by galaril; 05-09-2007 at 09:39 PM..

Old 05-10-2007, 09:17 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaril View Post
-Sorry stupid question, but what is this lot premium?...
A Lot Premium is additional money charged for what are considered to be better lots. A lot is considered to be worth a premium price if it borders a park, open space, body of water or has a good view of mountains or a body of water. The ritzier the area the higher the premium. Think about the cost difference between oceanfront lots in FL or CA versus the treeless bone-dry short grass prairie east of here on the plains or empty deserts of NM, AZ, NV.

Here in COL SPGS, we paid $30k extra for a lot backing to parkland (occupied by 90 very pretty horses at this time). From the deck we can see for miles looking north at the Front Range and Palmer Divide. Out the front windows we see Pikes Peak, 15 miles away. The parkland may be developed some day when the city gets money for a sports complex, but such development is years away, and assumes they can find the money, hehe.

Back in VA, our home in Fairfax County had a great view of the jungle in the neighbor's yard. Nice for privacy but my view was limited to 75 feet, not the infinity of a mountain range headed off into the distance.

Summary: You get what you pay for.

s/Mike

Old 05-10-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaril View Post

We will be landing next year inJune Or July so time is available and we can go either way from dirt or buy from inventory. If we go from dirt we will have pick our home and builder and everything by the end of year I assume but if not we will have a little more time.
If you are building from dirt, look to make a contract with a builder 4-9 months before target move date.

Note: If you are not flexible with the 0.25 acres thing, hire a local real estate broker to scout out possibities before you arrive. Expect to pay $35,000+ for a large lot...and the larger water bill. M ost folks spend 10 to 20% of the base price on upgrades. So in a perfect world, you are looking at a property for $315,000-$325,000 +$35,000 lot premium and $50,000 or less in upgrades.

Most brand new subsivisions have plans for an elementary school, so it depends on the area.

If you like the Pinery, then Escavera or Padera might work for you. Neither has a school.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:31 AM

88 posts, read 437,439 times
Default what do you think abour Parker?

Parker looks like a nice place to raise a family. I have looked all around the Metro area and there are many nice places but Parker seems to stick out as a really family friendly place. What do you all in Colorado think about Parker?

Old 06-11-2007, 10:41 AM

Parker is a fine place. When my husband's company moved to Arapahoe County from Jefferson County it's the first place I looked for new homes.

Parker has a lot to offer. I think, as a real estate broker, that everybody is drawn to a place for a reason. What is a great place for you isn't a match for someone else. That's okay.

I recently worked with a relocating couple from WV, he grew up on a farm and she in DC. He felt great in the Pinery and Escavera, she felt better in Stonegate and Stroh Ranch. I asked them what they did for fun...Hiking, watching grass grow
....to make a long story shorter - They bought a house in Stonegate and an isolated mountain cabin in Bailey.

Find what makes your heart sing and the rest will follow

Old 06-11-2007, 02:41 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,975,932 times
I have some friends who live out there. Every time I go out there it seems like it's grown even more. The final character of the place is definitely yet to be determined. It does seem like a nice enough community; it's nice that there are some trees out there.

From my perspective, living in Denver, it just seems impossibly far out. Whenever we visit our friends, I'm always torn between taking the E-470 toll road and paying $7.50, or taking Lincoln which every year seems more and more congested. Usually By the time we actually get to our friend's house, it feels like we could have gone all the way to Castle Rock or beyond by that point had we stayed on I-25. Plus, I'm annoyed at having to hand over wads of cash to E-470 just to get there in a reasonable period of time. Personally, I would never even consider living somewhere where I had to take any of the 470 roads as a part of my commute, but I want to stress that's a personal decision, not a bad reflection on Parker in any way.

Of course, you're moving here fresh and probably have no friends elsewhere in the metro area. Most of the people you meet will likely also live in Parker, so possibly this wouldn't be an issue for you. It's all a matter of perspective.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:09 PM

592 posts, read 2,243,970 times
Parker is OK, it is growing, everyone wants to live here. Schools are great, Chaparral is more academic and Ponderosa is more sportsey. Another high school on the way. The drive in and out of town is getting to be a killer. After 7 am and 3 pm. They are working on building more roads. Lots of money and rules here. I will be moving to a more rural place as soon as my kids are both graduated, just not my cup of tea, but my best freind and his family will be here forever so it depends on what you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver