U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 10:14 AM

229 posts, read 670,854 times

Advertisements

I live right next door to a white family and they are very friendly.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:16 AM

1,618 posts, read 5,953,069 times
David - good catch on the user name

Oh, I wanna shop @ the THE RED HOUSE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Wow, you probably should have logged in on the username that you started this thread with.

Sure people like to flock/congregate with others like themselves, or those with similar interests, or opposing, yet compatible personalities, but that doesn't have to mean they flock together with their own race/ethnicity. But maybe that's how they do it in NC (perhaps this is an example of race relations in NC? , this would not fly here in CO):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOyMSEWNTs

Check the property values of South Park Hill. Or SE Aurora. Or Stapleton. These are not segregated places.

In many places where property values are high, those people are paying for something. If they want to pay to segregate themselves, that is their choice. It doesn't mean they're right.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:49 PM

337 posts, read 584,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Wow, you probably should have logged in on the username that you started this thread with.

Sure people like to flock/congregate with others like themselves, or those with similar interests, or opposing, yet compatible personalities, but that doesn't have to mean they flock together with their own race/ethnicity. But maybe that's how they do it in NC (perhaps this is an example of race relations in NC? , this would not fly here in CO):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOyMSEWNTs

Check the property values of South Park Hill. Or SE Aurora. Or Stapleton. These are not segregated places.

In many places where property values are high, those people are paying for something. If they want to pay to segregate themselves, that is their choice. It doesn't mean they're right.
Started the thread from a friends home unable to recall my log in info which is saved to my personal cpu, either way guess in your mind it matters.

Instead you may want to realize I'm simply asking about what I read and was told, this isn't an indictiment of my personal feelings etc.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:37 PM

13,227 posts, read 24,308,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanceryan View Post

Instead you may want to realize I'm simply asking about what I read and was told, this isn't an indictiment of my personal feelings etc.
From DPS's website:
Quote:
School desegregation became an issue in the district about the same time as the Baby Boomers. In 1970, the U.S. District Court ordered busing for racial balancing within the schools which meant students spent considerable time riding school busses. Desegregation within the Denver Public Schools system was lifted in 1995.
That is the only cause for white flight that I can think of (in Denver).

American FactFinder

The above link will allow you to see how white any census tract is upon entry of an address. These stats are from 2000 however, but they are the most recent we've got at the census tract level.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:52 PM

56,243 posts, read 80,390,973 times
It seems like outside of Denver, Aurora and maybe parts of some other suburbs, you can pretty much take your pick. Even within the most diverse communities there, I'm sure you can find some highly /predominately White(non-Hispanic) neighborhoods.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:38 AM

2,181 posts, read 5,612,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
It seems like outside of Denver, Aurora and maybe parts of some other suburbs, you can pretty much take your pick. Even within the most diverse communities there, I'm sure you can find some highly /predominately White(non-Hispanic) neighborhoods.
I think you can find predominantly white communities anywhere in the metro area, including Denver and Aurora. My former neighborhood in Denver, Indian Creek, was something like 90% white according to the Census Bureau, even though Denver as a whole is only like what, 50% white?

Oh, and I guess I'll add my disclaimer, since talking about race is always awkward: I lived there because I found an apartment I liked and could afford, but wasn't really looking at racial diversity (or lack of racial diversity). Diversity isn't high on my list of priorities when searching for a neighborhood. I care more about location, safety, and affordability.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:56 AM

20,836 posts, read 39,041,284 times
Closed for review by moderators.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or