U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2010, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,181 times

Advertisements

i'm moving to denver just after christmas to start nursing school on january 3rd at the denver school of nursing which is located in lodo on 19th and market. i'm pretty much set on trying to live in the highlands area because i want to live close to school and in a decent house or duplex with a yard because i'm bringing my dog with me (a pug..i hope he does OK in the snow). what are people's thoughts on the highlands? are there other areas that aren't all lofts close to where i'll be going to school? and safe? i was wondering about the area around curtis park? is that a safe area?

ok, other than areas, i was wondering what all am i going to need to move from a warm place to a cold place in the middle of winter? i don't want to have to buy something spur of the moment because i need it. i want to go ahead and try to buy everything i will need so that 1. i'll have it and 2. i can search for it online or elsewhere and try to find it at the best price. i know i'll need some snow tires. boots, jackets. what else? anything for around the house?

regarding snow tires, i drive a front wheel drive suv. will i need 4 snow tires, or just 2 for the front?

ok, any other help would be magnificent! i can't wait to live in denver

jessa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 08:34 AM

1,618 posts, read 5,948,116 times
Jessica -

Howdy from Austin (or to say).

As for clothing, get everything little more bulky. Go to REI, they'll help ya out!!

As for tires, I did fine in the city with all-season tires. Plus you have FWD and to me it is better then RWD, but no where as good as AWD vehicles . Just when it snows, drive like they do here in Ausitn when it rains and you will be fine

I'll let someone else chime in about Highlands neighborhood.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:30 PM

4 posts, read 5,996 times
Highlands is a great neighborhood and very HOT at this time; which may make it a little pricey. Denver has great neighborhoods in the city and they are all special and unique. You should be just fine with FWD, and all season tires, we really don't get as much snow as people think; and, it usually gone within a day or two. You do want to be close to school because snow does make for a very loooong commute. Public transportation is decent if you need to take a bus.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-16-2010 at 05:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver