U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 12-06-2010, 09:16 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
2,156 posts, read 3,729,180 times
Reputation: 869

Advertisements

This is a good thread!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-06-2010, 03:22 PM
 
14,309 posts, read 5,077,374 times
Reputation: 4590
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Why not? Arapahoe Square is 75% parking lots for Downtown, and the remaining 25% are almost all commercial buildings. If it's not downtown, I don't know what it is.
Well, per my definition,

Quote:
I've always thought of a downtown in terms of centralized, dense commercial activity
I don't consider Arapahoe Square part of downtown. A sea of parking lots is about as far away as it gets from centralized, dense commercial activity as you can get in an urban area. Also, the sparse commercial buildings in Arapahoe Square are hardly dense. It wouldn't surprise me if the total square footage of all the buildings in Arapahoe Square put together was less than, say, the Republic Plaza.

I also don't consider North Capitol Hill (Uptown) part of downtown and it's much more developed and dense than Arapahoe Square.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2010, 07:54 PM
 
4,674 posts, read 3,432,842 times
Reputation: 3738
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Well, per my definition,
I think the definition of Downtown is the Central Business District. I think parking lots are part of a business district.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top