Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:04 PM

59 posts, read 165,118 times

Advertisements

Thank you Kyle1967 for the great info. Parker does sound great! Very happy to hear that there is no drilling there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 05:02 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,485,398 times
Can anyone recommend some good subdivisions to check out in Parker? Churches? Schools?

Old 01-31-2011, 05:44 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
There is no one right answer. What is good for the goose is not necessarily good for the gander here.

Housing, school needs, churches - it's all pretty personal.

What I like in a house or a subdivision may not be close to what you like, need or desire.

What's important to you? Because, only if you tell us, can we respond with knowledge and experience.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 01-31-2011 at 05:55 PM..

Old 02-01-2011, 07:07 PM

14 posts, read 35,315 times
Have lived in Parker and now live in Castle Rock. Love Castle Rock but Parker has a wonderful new rec center, skate center, and water park/pool. My grandson lives in Parker and he'd be lost without all the activities there. He's into baseball and hockey. Don't know much about CR schools, but feel my grandson is getting a great education from wonderful caring teachers. Castle Rock does have rec center with large indoor pool. We love the biking and hiking trails here in CR, Parker has some as well.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:48 AM

59 posts, read 165,118 times
Thank you for all of the great information and suggestions. I really appreciate it

Old 02-12-2011, 09:36 AM

3 posts, read 7,165 times
We are seriously considering moving to Parker as well....have been doing quite a bit of research on it, looks like an amazing place to raise our kids with unlimited activities and TONS of character! Can you tell me a little more about the 'convenient shopping'?? We love the quaint downtown stores and restaurants, but reality day to day we NEED to be close to Gap, Target, and Costco!! :-) And an Ann Taylor and Crate & Barrel would be a bonus --- we are minutes from that here in Geneva, IL, but not sure how far I'd need to go if living in Parker. ANY information you can offer is appreciated! Right now trying to decide between Parker, Arvada, Lakewood, Westminster, Castle Rock (too far?) THANK YOU!!

Old 02-12-2011, 09:43 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Well.....Parker has a Target and a Costco. The Gap, Ann Taylor and Crate and Barrel you'd have to go to the mall for. About a 15 minute drive. While there is a small "quaint" part of Parker, I don't know that I'd call the whole area quaint....It's pretty standard suburbia with a quaint, rural history and a little bit of that remains.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:17 AM

3 posts, read 7,165 times
15 minutes is no problem, just want to make sure I don't have to drive 30-60 min to get our staples Any town that has a Costco right in their city limits, IMO is HUGE! Thank you....

Old 02-21-2011, 10:38 AM

138 posts, read 600,072 times
Kathleen, having lived in Naperville for 17+ years and spent lots of time in Geneva, are you sure you want to move to Parker? I would hardly call it quaint...and it's not upscale. Shopping is going to be alot different than IL (Charlestowne Mall and all the strip malls along Algonquin Road). We moved here 2+ years ago and had to do all the research about the towns. Originally starting in Parker, looking North in Erie and Broomfield, South in Castle Rock and North Castle Pines and settling for now in Highlands Ranch. What other things are important for you? Schools? Transit? Commute for job? Land/lot size?

Old 02-21-2011, 12:04 PM

14 posts, read 55,586 times
When we moved here we chose HR over Parker because of the traffic getting in and out of Parker. Either one presents a long drive to DIA, especially in cases of snow and ice although Denver is good at trying to quickly take care of the roads. Parker also has access to 470 but it is a section where you have to pay a toll. Highlands Ranch is more convenient to the other aspects of Denver such as mountains and downtown. Both are full of quickly built homes with cheap materials and have caused us to run into home money problems after the next with repairs and updates. Both offer family parks and playgrounds, but they are all pretty much the same so it can become tedious, even for the kids. Highlands Ranch was actually noted in the New York Times for the terrible use of water. Unfortunately, both attempt to have trees and grass which go against natural desert climate. In this aspect, they are not at all 'green'.

In most respects, they are both pretty much the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver