U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-16-2011, 04:35 AM

12 posts, read 29,240 times

Advertisements

I am wondering what areas of the Denver metro would be the best to move to? I want to make sure to find a safe area being a single 25 year old woman.

Last edited by stastsgirl; 02-16-2011 at 04:43 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 09:41 AM

2,192 posts, read 2,185,918 times
Really depends on what you're looking for and where your job is. Also if you want to be in the suburbs or actually in the downtown area all make a big difference

Old 02-16-2011, 11:17 AM

37 posts, read 51,207 times
Hate to say it but thought this info of mine might be of some help to ya. In regards to your Q to be completely honest, the 'best' & safest Denver metro area to consider relocating to not only depends on where your job is but also on your price range for housing. for instance, if i had a larger income I, a single, 26 y/o woman would def aim on moving into the uptown LoDo or the what's known as the 'Ballpark district' area. but, as i mentioned, housing there is too much for me (e.g. 800 a month for a room for rent & up)so if you are in my senario i recomend you check out either the central Denver north area which is in the Curtis Park area or that you look for housing within the central Denver east area cap.hill, Congress Park, Mayfair, Park Hill, City Park area. Hope you find what you're looking for! :O)

Old 02-16-2011, 01:07 PM

60 posts, read 16,927 times
If only there was some ability to search through threads on this site. The mods should install that feature.

Edit: OH wait, they DO have search!

Old 02-16-2011, 04:27 PM

12 posts, read 29,240 times
JDBattleMC I have searched specific areas but most of the information I have found is from a few years ago. I searched Montclair and got info from 2006 so I figured I'd ask to see what advice I get.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:10 PM

87 posts, read 145,620 times
yeah, the searches can be a little overwhelming sometimes, no worries.

If your into nightclubs, dancing, drinking all the time, fancy restaurants, big buildings, impossible parking, heavy traffic, - go to lodo.

anything else is pretty fair game, I always recommend living in a central location. i.e west wash park, south cap hill, cheesman park. Just for convenience if you don't have a job with you - this way you can commute to pretty much either corner of the city in under 20 minutes.

if your into more artsty stuff, hole in the walls, colfax entertainment, great/walkable location, i would recommend neighborhoods like cheesman park, cap hill, city park or uptown.

wash park area is a little more mid 30's types and houses, opposed to shops, restaurants, apartments and such which you will find in the areas i mentioned above (generally speaking).. but i lived in west wash park (i am 25 male) and I found lots of young people out and about, and i didn't get that mid 30s feel at all so im not trying to say wash park doesnt have young, hip people beacause it does.. Now I live right near Cheesman Park and there is a noticeable difference. Atleast in the amount of young people, hipster type crowd which I like. I am also walking distance to concert venues like The Ogden and Fillmore for example on Colfax, so if you will be on colfax for entertainment (like me), I would recommend something that is walkable distance to some of the areas you will be at. I absolutely love my new area, cheesman park. Its a lot easier to park at than I thought coming in as well. Its actually easier than when I was in west wash park believe it or not, but thats just my experience.

It definitely depends on what works for you and what you are looking for, and your budget as well. you can find a single bedroom for around 800 total in all the areas I am mentioning. You really cant go wrong with any of them. Let us know if you have any other questions, this is a great resource we have here!

Old 02-16-2011, 05:18 PM

19,022 posts, read 14,251,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stastsgirl View Post
I am wondering what areas of the Denver metro would be the best to move to? I want to make sure to find a safe area being a single 25 year old woman.
A great day is in the making for Menver

Old 02-16-2011, 05:23 PM

19,022 posts, read 14,251,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
yeah, the searches can be a little overwhelming sometimes, no worries.

If your into nightclubs, dancing, drinking all the time, fancy restaurants, big buildings, impossible parking, heavy traffic, - go to lodo.

anything else is pretty fair game, I always recommend living in a central location. i.e west wash park, south cap hill, cheesman park. Just for convenience if you don't have a job with you - this way you can commute to pretty much either corner of the city in under 20 minutes.

if your into more artsty stuff, hole in the walls, colfax entertainment, great/walkable location, i would recommend neighborhoods like cheesman park, cap hill, city park or uptown.

wash park area is a little more mid 30's types and houses, opposed to shops, restaurants, apartments and such which you will find in the areas i mentioned above (generally speaking).. but i lived in west wash park (i am 25 male) and I found lots of young people out and about, and i didn't get that mid 30s feel at all so im not trying to say wash park doesnt have young, hip people beacause it does.. Now I live right near Cheesman Park and there is a noticeable difference. Atleast in the amount of young people, hipster type crowd which I like. I am also walking distance to concert venues like The Ogden and Fillmore for example on Colfax, so if you will be on colfax for entertainment (like me), I would recommend something that is walkable distance to some of the areas you will be at. I absolutely love my new area, cheesman park. Its a lot easier to park at than I thought coming in as well. Its actually easier than when I was in west wash park believe it or not, but thats just my experience.

It definitely depends on what works for you and what you are looking for, and your budget as well. you can find a single bedroom for around 800 total in all the areas I am mentioning. You really cant go wrong with any of them. Let us know if you have any other questions, this is a great resource we have here!
Great areas, the west wash park in particular.

Such a fresh memory from my life in those places barely 10 months ago. I think I can safely say Denver was one place I was comfortably happy. Geez, I miss it sorely, and I say this typing from a crowded train leaving NYC.

Such a contrast of how great and peaceful life was out there. Enjoy every single day, people. A state like CO, with the Denver suburbs in particular is just one of the best places to live in peace LOL.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:05 PM

39 posts, read 49,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBattleMC View Post
If only there was some ability to search through threads on this site. The mods should install that feature.

Edit: OH wait, they DO have search!
JD, honest question here - what's your reason for being on this Board? The only advice I've seen you offer is short and mean-spirited. I hope that you're able to resolve whatever it is your battling without continuing to belittle people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver