U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-16-2011, 05:09 PM

21 posts, read 18,751 times
Default Which neighborhood?

Hi all,

Thinking of moving to Parker and we're trying to narrow our search. What are the reputations/pros/cons of The Timbers at the Pinery, Spirit Ridge, and Pradera? Which would you choose if you worked at the airport and had young children?

Thank you for you input on this big decision for our family!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 10:10 PM

5,460 posts, read 13,880,285 times
If I worked at the airport w/ young children & could afford the price range of the neighborhoods you mentioned above, I'd be looking at neighborhoods in SE Aurora such as Saddle Rock and Tallyn's Reach. Closer access to E-470, just as scenic, just as nice, perhaps even better schools, and more kids. I might be totally off base here, but I was under the impression that Pradera caters more to the age 50+ group, even though it's not officially age restricted.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:18 AM

301 posts, read 419,708 times
I agree, Vegas. The conveniece to the airport, school quality, and family-friendliness of SE Aurora definitely make it a good option. The main difference between those Parker subdivisions and the higher end developments in SE Aurora is probably the lot size. If a large lot is a priority, it will be easier to find that in Parker.

There are also several high-end communities with a rural feel and acreage close to SE Aurora, such as Chapparal, Chenango, and Foxfield. ToastyReward, you might want to look at the homes in these areas on www.recolorado.com--you can just put the first two names in the subdivision field, while Foxfield is actually a town. Lots of luck with your search!

Old 02-17-2011, 07:20 AM

Default Thank you!

Thank you, that's just the type of information I'm looking for. From friends of friends that I've talked to in the area they've said to stay away from anything Aurora (thought I've found lots of homes I like there). As far as the mentioned subdivisions, it seems like they fall more in the $400-$700 range and I'd be concerned about being on the farther end of the scale.

I appreciate the thought on Pradera as that's exactly the insight I'm looking for. We've just been presented with an amazing opportunity (some of it resulting from the current market) and I want to make sure we buy the most amazing neighborhood we can, while we can.

Thank you!

Old 02-17-2011, 09:41 AM

36 posts, read 39,616 times
I would certainly encourage you to look at SE Aurora instead of Parker if you want better proximity to the airport. However, Pradera is filled with kids, especially in the DR Horton/Production section. One cul de sak with less than 20 homes in it has 41 kids. I cannot think of but a handful of homes that don't have children. Most are between 3-14, not even many teenagers, babysitters have their pick of jobs!

Old 02-17-2011, 12:39 PM

8,517 posts, read 18,474,999 times
Why Parker?

Old 02-17-2011, 12:55 PM

I keep hearing a lot of praise for Parker and it's public parks/trails system. I also like its proximity to the toll road (I know, it's expensive but will be covered by company). I'd also like a 1/2 acre lot and those have been hard to find in some areas. From the pics I've seen of places like The Timbers, I also like the trees. We are going to be exploring the area this weekend and I just want to make sure we're shown every possibility! The great news is Denver has lots of options and so far they all look good. I like SE Aurora's proximity to the airport, but every time I bring it up I get mixed reviews and that's concerning.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:50 PM

8,517 posts, read 18,474,999 times
Don't listen to people who have no experience with that area.

There is not a city in America where everybody agrees that it is that bad.

People are just ignorantly repeating unfounded rumors.

See for yourself.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:04 PM

301 posts, read 419,708 times
What negatives have you heard about SE Aurora? The only ones I can think of are that the neighborhoods look somewhat generic and most of the lots are fairly small. Definitely, come check it out for yourselves! : )

Old 02-17-2011, 03:56 PM

60 posts, read 13,913 times
I have some negatives: Look at property values for SE Aurora, or ANYWHERE in Aurora. Chart growth from initial sale to subsequent sale. Now granted Parker is about the same, but I wouldn't choose either of those unless you NEVER plan on selling your home. If you want appreciation, you pretty much should stick to Denver.

This website is a LOT more Aurora friendly than the general populace of the state. I mean there is a reason you can get a 3,300 square foot home for under $350,000 that's almost new construction, and its not because it's a hidden gem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver