Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 09:37 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,931,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
Higher up is better, you avoid most the puke that runs down that way.
Lol!

Never had this issue at Red Rocks. Now getting lawn tickets at Fiddlers Green (or whatever ridiculous name it has now - Comfort Dental something) is a whole other story.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 02:48 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,977,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Thanks. Not sure yet exactly which concert, but possibly Steve Miller on July 23rd. I live in Kansas City and here in July, you could wear shorts and be out all night and it's not going to get too cool. I don't like to be cold, so thanks for the advice. I'd definitely rather wear jeans than be cold when the sun goes down.

I'm KIND OF old, 53. Hopefully I won't have a heart attack!
To me, there aren't too many (if any) bad seats in the house. I've sat within the first 10 rows for a show and I didn't notice any real rowdiness. I think you'd be fine for Steve Miller.

The weather is another issue. You really don't know. I saw 2 shows last summer - one in July and one in September. It was 45 degrees and rainy in July and very warm in September. Short answer - you MAY be able to wear shorts but you won't know until the week/day of the show.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:29 PM

726 posts, read 2,141,617 times
I usually find that by the sun goes down I am so relieved I revel in the cool for about an hour, then I start to get chilly. I would just bring a sweatshirt unless the weather forecast says something crazy. Typically it's going to be about 90 during the day, then around 6 it will start dropping but when you are trudging through the parking lots and up all the steps it'll feel between 90-100. If you get chilly just go up the steps once, that'll warm you up.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 PM

137 posts, read 465,905 times
So General admission is the first 25 rows or the last 25 rows? So we should get there early, early if we have GA tickets? How exactly do they monitor that? I only ask because we are bringing our two kids and anticipate having to move around frequently. If we had a seat #, it would still be there, but with GA, will we just have to take shifts--one set of wanderers and one set of seat holders?

Old 04-14-2011, 11:05 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,906,005 times
There's an 'Earth Day' event there for kids on April 23. The second best part of it is our daughter is part of a youth violin group performing that day. The best part is that it's FREE. Might be a good day to get familiar with the facility. Google > 'earth day red rocks'

Old 04-17-2011, 12:03 AM

1,048 posts, read 4,336,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrpilot View Post
There's an 'Earth Day' event there for kids on April 23. The second best part of it is our daughter is part of a youth violin group performing that day. The best part is that it's FREE. Might be a good day to get familiar with the facility. Google > 'earth day red rocks'
I did not know that. How Cool! Thanks.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALGAL222 View Post
So General admission is the first 25 rows or the last 25 rows? So we should get there early, early if we have GA tickets? How exactly do they monitor that? I only ask because we are bringing our two kids and anticipate having to move around frequently. If we had a seat #, it would still be there, but with GA, will we just have to take shifts--one set of wanderers and one set of seat holders?
Not sure what you mean by how they monitor that....who are the "they"? Who are you seeing and how old are your kids? The answer to that will make a difference because knowing the type of crowd will help to answer your question better.

We have had assigned seats in the second row. Down there they will check your tickets and they will make people leave. People will try and get closer - ticket or not. And depending on the concert, even if you have assigned seating, be prepared to guard it. It all becomes a bit convoluted once things start.

We've had assigned seating further back too - and have had to tell people to move. And even with assigned seating - if you all get up to move around, be prepared to have to reclaim your seats when you get back.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:57 PM

137 posts, read 465,905 times
I was just curious as to whether there are benches or is it just standing room only? The kids are 6 and 11 and it's the MJ Experience. I know at places like Fiddler's Green, you can only stay in the GA area and they check tickets for the assigned seating area. I think what confused me is that there is GA seating in the front and the back, just wondered how it would be monitored so that everyone wasn't crushed into one area? I would have paid more for assigned seating but it only offered GA seating.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALGAL222 View Post
I was just curious as to whether there are benches or is it just standing room only? The kids are 6 and 11 and it's the MJ Experience. I know at places like Fiddler's Green, you can only stay in the GA area and they check tickets for the assigned seating area. I think what confused me is that there is GA seating in the front and the back, just wondered how it would be monitored so that everyone wasn't crushed into one area? I would have paid more for assigned seating but it only offered GA seating.
There are benches - it's the same exact type of "seating" as the assigned seating. You will just have to get there early to get a decent spot. No one will really monitor anything. If there is no assigned seating at all for that event, then the whole place is GA.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,755 times
How are the seats on the right side of the stage edge seats 3-5? Do you see the stage? row 18
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver