Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 02:30 PM

67 posts, read 342,187 times

Advertisements

Well, kinda a question, more of a game. Just helping me decide where to move. Hypothetical question, so it doesnt matter where I am. Rate these factors with a number, 1-5. 1 being bad, 5 being execlent. Out of 50, feel free to give an explanation.

- Daytime activities (museums, zoos, aquariums, ect...)
- Pet friendliness
- Outdoor activities
- Holiday celebrations (mainly July 4th, christmas too.)
- Family friendly
- Small, rural communities
- nice weather
- Friendly people
- Job market
- house market
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 04:56 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
5- Daytime activities (museums, zoos, aquariums, ect...)
5- Pet friendliness
5- Outdoor activities
4- Holiday celebrations (mainly July 4th, christmas too.)
4- Family friendly
5- Small, rural communities
4- nice weather
5- Friendly people
2- Job market
3- house market

Old 05-12-2011, 05:59 AM

Thanks for the reply

Old 05-12-2011, 07:19 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
5- Daytime activities (museums, zoos, aquariums, ect...)
If you're ever bored here, you need to be checked for a pulse.

5- Pet friendliness
Pets have more rights than some people around here

4- Outdoor activities
You can do anything here, with the exception of swimming in an ocean. Weather inhibits some things occasionally.

2- Holiday celebrations (mainly July 4th, christmas too.)
I don't feel this is a particularly festive area. Not enough craziness on 4th July/Xmas/New Year's for my palate, but 4/20 and Cinco De Mayo are a little overdone imo

3- Family friendly
Neutral rating, depends on priorities imo

1- Small, rural communities
If we're talking places like Strasburg, Lochbuie, and mountain areas with names but no actual town.....

4- nice weather
Need more snow, and more snow to stick around. Otherwise, weather here is pretty tight.

-26 (that's negative, the fine folks on this forum exempt from my rating obv) Friendly people
Way too passive and introverted for me. By far, the most difficult place I've lived, in a social sense.

2- Job market
Good luck. If you have one, hold onto it tight

2- house market
Still too expensive imo, but there are deals.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:43 AM

Thanks for the reply. What about on the 4th of July, is there any, like, big fireworks celebration?

Old 05-12-2011, 08:24 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
-26 (that's negative, the fine folks on this forum exempt from my rating obv) Friendly people
Way too passive and introverted for me. By far, the most difficult place I've lived, in a social sense.
The San Francisco Bay Area is much worse than Denver..

Old 05-12-2011, 08:29 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahok View Post
Thanks for the reply. What about on the 4th of July, is there any, like, big fireworks celebration?
Yeah, there's a thing downtown, and every city has some sort of fireworks show.

I just think I'm spoiled by having spent many of my 4th of July's in Seattle. They do it right. It's a huge deal there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
The San Francisco Bay Area is much worse than Denver..
Then I'm glad I never have any desire to live there.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:38 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahok View Post
Most communities have their own. Boulder has one of the best for community displays at the CU stadium. Denver, strangely, doesn't have their own. Years ago, the Colorado Rapids MLS team played at Invesco Field (which years ago was called Mile High Stadium) and they had a 4th of July game with fireworks following. Now they have their own stadium in Commerce City, where they still do that. I believe the Rockies generally have fireworks after a game around the 4th. Louisville and Broomfield have day-long, community celebrations. Louisville's is cool; the city council and staff cook hot dogs and brats for the public (free), and there are bands, games, craft booths, etc, plus fireworks at night. Lafayette is going to do a 4th of July festival this year as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver