U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 02:23 PM

8 posts, read 14,745 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

My husband and I are very excited to be moving to Denver in the next few weeks. We have been considering the Acoma apartments for rent. (We will rent first and hopefully buy within 6 mos to a year after we know the area better). My job will be located in Littleton but my husband is considering a job in Boulder so we are trying to "split" the distance as much as possible. Because of the nature of my job I need to be at least within 25-30 mins from my place of work. My husband does not have those constraints as some days he will be even working from home. I was wondering what do you think about the commute from Acoma(816 Acoma St) to Littleton.

My hope is that since I would be "leaving" Denver in the mornings and reurning in the evening I would be going against the majority of traffic. I hear (and have witnessed myself) how horrible the traffic can be. What do the long time Denver/Littleton residents that frequent this forum think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 8 days ago)

10,876 posts, read 29,272,530 times
First, "Littleton" covers a very large geographical area. It can take you 25 minutes of driving and you'd still be in Littleton.

Second, even if he only had to work at work 3 days a week it's a bad idea for both of you.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:39 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,293,488 times
If I had to split the difference between Littleton and Boulder I might also choose somewhere near Golden. It's away from all the downtown nonsense and still can take highways to Boulder and Littleton, just an idea

Old 06-07-2011, 06:56 PM

Ok, I get it. More specifics: my job will be close to Littleton hospital. My husband does not care too much about his commute as he will might not even go every week up to Boulder. I just want to know if the fact I would be driving away from Denver help me during rush hour or if it pretty much would make no difference. As long as my commute is equal or less than 30 minutes away most of the time I'm ok with it....After all this would not be a permanent arrangement, but we like the idea of living close to the city for a while.

Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks again.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:27 PM

5,090 posts, read 13,495,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabela2010 View Post
Ok, I get it. More specifics: my job will be close to Littleton hospital. My husband does not care too much about his commute as he will might not even go every week up to Boulder. I just want to know if the fact I would be driving away from Denver help me during rush hour or if it pretty much would make no difference. As long as my commute is equal or less than 30 minutes away most of the time I'm ok with it....After all this would not be a permanent arrangement, but we like the idea of living close to the city for a while.

Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks again.
I do not think that you can get to this area within 25 to 30 minutes, everyday, from that the Acoma Apartment, even if you are going against traffic which I do not think is necessarily so as many people work south, just as in Downtown; you are cutting it close and if there was an accident, snow...well, not in that time.

Littleton Hospital is in one of the nicest areas. I would live in and around that area. You got all the beautiful recreational areas along the Platte and Mineral. You are close to the old town Littleton, where you can get a quick rail trip to Downtown Denver. That would make it good for your husband, if his job is on a Public Transit Route in Boulder. He could take the BV bus, from Market Street Station, all hours to Boulder.

To the east of the Hospital, you will down the road from the good areas of Centennial with Streets of Southglenn at Arapahoe and University. All these areas, where Centennial and Littleton met, have good housing, schools, parks and many amenities.

Another choice is to live closer up on Broadway. You will be still closer to that area of Littleton and a little closer to Downtown Denver. Since, you like city living, you could live in Englewood, in and around the Rail Station (Hampden and Broadway) and have more urban amenities and a quick trip to downtown Denver.

Livecontent

Old 06-07-2011, 08:44 PM

Thanks livecontent! I appreciate your input. We will look more closely in the areas you mentioned.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:11 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,293,488 times
I really like this area, I can see the Hospital from my apartment on Mineral
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or