Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 06:50 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Apples and Oranges when it comes to the Bay area vs Denver. San Francisco is insanely expensive as well as its surrounding areas. The weather there can be very cool. Have you ever heard the saying "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco"? Don't get me wrong I love the Bay area, it is just too pricey. Denver is very dry most of the year but we still have our snow.
LOL at the San Francisco summers = coldest winter. Thats true, but the average July high temp in San Francisco is still 68-degrees. So people in SF are not suffering too much in the summer. Some people might actually find 68 in SF to be kind of refreshing compared the average 88-degrees in Denver. If they like a bit cooler weather.

Anyways the "coldest summer" phenomenon is based on the sea breeze and the fog that effect many parts of the city of San Francisco. If you are in a part of the Bay Area that is protected from the sea breeze and fog (which is the majority of it), the summer high temps are actually very comparable to Denver. Probably not more then five degrees cooler then Denver.

So comparing Denver and Bay Area, I have to give it to the Bay Area for weather. Sorry Denver's weather can't compare. For most everything else including the cost of living for sure, I agree that Denver may very well be a better alternative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 07:29 PM

5 posts, read 4,589 times
denver sucks period. theres so many college graduates, u cant get a job just because u graduated. to move quicker u have to know someone and then denver just has the mountains, no nearby cities like in the east/west coast. ur stuck for miles around and have to fly for a getaway. its also a lot of suburbs and not much downtown culture. if u looking just to settle and raise kids, its cool, otherwise ship ur butt off to cali.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:21 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,717,818 times
OP, if you have any other questions you can email me by clicking on my name - otherwise I suspect this thread will soon be closed as no one else seems to be giving any pertinent advice.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:33 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeet View Post
denver sucks period. theres so many college graduates, u cant get a job just because u graduated. to move quicker u have to know someone and then denver just has the mountains, no nearby cities like in the east/west coast. ur stuck for miles around and have to fly for a getaway. its also a lot of suburbs and not much downtown culture. if u looking just to settle and raise kids, its cool, otherwise ship ur butt off to cali.
What is that smell? Ah yes, a troll has entered.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:53 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,717,818 times
Timmy: LOL!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: