U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 09:32 AM

2,185 posts, read 1,557,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
I'm not even going to bother to debunk this post-- every statement you just made is wrong-- especially when you blanket the whole city with "Aurora is filled with..."-- but I have better things to do this morning. Except for the part that people who live in Aurora tend not to hate Aurora. That part is true. There's actually a lot of Aurora civic pride, believe it or not. I look at it like this... "you have to be in the know to know."

LOL, how can you debunk it when the person that posted above you agreed with me and they lived there..

Glad you have better things to do this morning besides replying to these silly posts.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:34 AM

2,185 posts, read 1,557,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Would you live there if it changed its name to Sleeping Bear or Dogfoot? Do you like SE Aurora, and are you trying to start a campaign to change its name to find a way to live there free from the "stigma"?

Actually yes, I did see some houses about 4 months ago I really liked, nice and new, actually have yards, lots of sq footage, nice designs but because they were in SE Aurora I wouldn't consider them. I would live there is they renamed it Bear Butt or Deer Droppings Colorado vs Aurora.

There are some radio show inthe morning, I don't know the DJ's names but they were talking and the one said oh you live in Aurora and the other DJ said no, SE Aurora. Vegaspilgim who states that claim is false and only ignorant, racist, snobby people think that.. colorado must be full of them then.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:39 AM

11,728 posts, read 23,705,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I have an inkling as to where the stigma comes from (many other perfectly fine cities in the country have it too), but can you explain what the "stigma" is, and where it comes from, because the city/county of Denver contains all of the negatives Aurora has, but it doesn't have the same stigma, and why is that?
Where ever it comes from, the fact that we're discussing it, and not for the first time, tells us that it exists. That alone would make me reluctant to buy a house there because when it comes time to sell, you'll have people like the one cutting your hair who won't even consider your house. I've driven around SE Aurora/Centennial and hung out at Southlands Mall. It looked like a fine place. But if the potential buying pool is limited by the name on the mailing address, that's going to make it harder to sell.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:22 AM

1,773 posts, read 2,917,525 times
This is crazy, but EscapeCalifornia is correct. We're talking about this once again, so the stigma exists. It's so funny that a mailing address is such an issue. Also, those 80015 addresses in Centennial are Aurora addresses, officially, according to the USPS. Centennial is just a secondary 'acceptable' city name for that ZIP, so if I sent someone a package or letter and wrote the address as 'Aurora, CO 80015' even though they live in Centennial, it would arrive at the correct place. Everyone worried about mailing addresses should sell their homes NOW!

Old 06-26-2011, 11:46 AM

17,114 posts, read 23,451,970 times
This thread is closed as it's nothing but a troll fest.

There have been no FACTS presented to support such broad-brushed negative opinions of an entire area that is almost the same size in area (142.5 square miles) as the city of Denver itself (153.4 square miles).

I've had to close threads before that gratuitously bash Highlands Ranch, Pueblo, Aurora, etc. I don't get why some people find it necessary to bash certain areas and EVERYONE in them. If it ain't your cup of tea, stay the hell away, shut up and move on to other topics.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver