Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 12:50 AM

11 posts, read 85,327 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at a house in the Academy subdivision of Bear Valley. Basically this little neighborhood is the eastern part of 80235, south of Hampden, around Kendall Park. It is a tad awkward getting into that area but its decent once you are there. I read a fair amount here about Bear Valley in general but this little area seems to have its own culture that I can't quite put my finger on. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 01:19 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,121,282 times
I looked at houses there about 12 years ago when I was buying a new house. We passed because many of the houses were a little small and not updated, and because of it proximity to the apartment complexes on the Frontage Road. These apartments are not in great shape and as a result bring a run down feeling to the area. I would rather live in Bear Valley itself, or even Harvey Park South.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:17 AM

11 posts, read 85,327 times
I have the same reservations about the Frontage Road and the apartments in the area. Feels like you're passing through a not so great part to get to this nicer little enclave. I think mostly I got excited about finding a brick ranch with some updating that was 10-20% cheaper than the places I've been looking at in Southmoor Park/Hampden/Hampden South/Goldsmith/etc but perhaps you do get what you pay for. Its a nice little area but I suspect I'll end up passing for the same reasons.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:28 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,121,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icky2000 View Post
I have the same reservations about the Frontage Road and the apartments in the area. Feels like you're passing through a not so great part to get to this nicer little enclave. I think mostly I got excited about finding a brick ranch with some updating that was 10-20% cheaper than the places I've been looking at in Southmoor Park/Hampden/Hampden South/Goldsmith/etc but perhaps you do get what you pay for. Its a nice little area but I suspect I'll end up passing for the same reasons.
The ranch houses in Harvey Park South (Between Yale and Hampden and Sheridan and Lowell) are the exact same houses (down to the crack in the ceiling by the dining area that all of these houses have) as you find in those areas, especially the area around Thomas Jefferson. It is a pretty good neighborhood, but the schools are suspect (not dangerous, just not that good). Search zip code 80236. There are also ranches in Bear Valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: