U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 07:55 AM

1 posts, read 723 times

Advertisements

Hi all. I've lurked around the forums plenty in the past, always finding great information on places I was moving or would like to go. Thanks for all the great info!

My company is moving me out to Denver later this year; September/October is the current target, but we won't know more until after our shareholders' meeting next weekend (in Boulder). My wife and I are coming out Wednesday to spend a couple days looking around for apartments. We've found quite a bit of information and have a good idea of where we want to live, but I've not been able to find a lot of information on the Highlands from a residential point of view. Are there apartment complexes around? Or is it mostly a neighborhood businesses and houses? Any information on renting in that area would be welcomed.

The other neighborhoods we plan to check out are all in the same area - LoDo, Platte Park, Capitol Hill and Cherry Creek North. I'd say that walkability is our #1 criteria for location. Any tips or info about these or similar downtown-ish areas are quite welcome, too!

Cheers,
Richard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 08:13 AM

2,181 posts, read 5,621,199 times
All of those areas have a walkable downtown-ish area near them. I would probably also add Congress Park because the area around 12th and Clayton has coffee and a few other things, plus it's walkable to the businesses centered around 8th and Colorado and businesses on Colfax.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:54 AM

86,917 posts, read 102,388,879 times
Wash Park, University, Bonnie Brae and Park Hill are some other areas to consider. We lived in Sloan's Lake, just south of Highlands, in the pre-gentrificatio days. While we liked it, we did most of our shopping for real needs (clothing, housewares, hardware, etc) in the western suburbs. Even now, Highlands seems to have a lot of bars, restaurants, boutiques that sell over-priced useless stuff, but not much "real" shopping.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:53 PM

20,857 posts, read 39,095,620 times
A bit of a stretch, but you might want to contact the Highlands Mommies group who know their area of town quite well.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or