U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-19-2011, 09:22 PM
 
88 posts, read 192,675 times
Reputation: 32

Advertisements

This must be how people in Denver area are. Then why wouldn't one want to live here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:35 AM
 
Location: Parker, CO
84 posts, read 185,627 times
Reputation: 22
Agreed! These Denver ppl are very positive, overall, and nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 08:26 AM
 
Location: Denver
9,224 posts, read 15,897,103 times
Reputation: 5487
Denver is one of the better forums lately, definitely agree on that. However, it has seen ugly times as well, especially back in the presidential race of 2008...and especially towards Californians moving to Denver.

But things always get heated in an election year, just wait until 2012!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 09:06 AM
 
Location: Arvada, CO
13,227 posts, read 24,308,543 times
Reputation: 12937
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda200 View Post
This must be how people in Denver area are. Then why wouldn't one want to live here
Nah, we're only like this when we're behind our computer screens.

In real life, we'll cut you off without signaling, not hold doors open for you, not bother getting to know you, and not make small talk.

There are many reasons why one wouldn't want to live here. My soul is dying a slow death each day I stay....some people just have other callings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 09:57 AM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
12,243 posts, read 8,025,490 times
Reputation: 8893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Denver is one of the better forums lately, definitely agree on that. However, it has seen ugly times as well, especially back in the presidential race of 2008...and especially towards Californians moving to Denver.

But things always get heated in an election year, just wait until 2012!
I am from California therefore I am evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 11:39 AM
 
88 posts, read 192,675 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Nah, we're only like this when we're behind our computer screens.

In real life, we'll cut you off without signaling, not hold doors open for you, not bother getting to know you, and not make small talk.

There are many reasons why one wouldn't want to live here. My soul is dying a slow death each day I stay....some people just have other callings.
So, where do you want to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 11:40 AM
 
20,836 posts, read 39,041,284 times
Reputation: 19042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Denver is one of the better forums lately, definitely agree on that. However, it has seen ugly times as well, especially back in the presidential race of 2008...and especially towards Californians moving to Denver.

But things always get heated in an election year, just wait until 2012!
Political stuff will go to the Politics forum, where things get quite heated but are still heavily moderated.
__________________
- Please follow our TOS.
- Any Questions about City-Data? See the FAQ list.
- Want some detailed instructions on using the site? See The Guide for plain english explanation.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 01:13 PM
 
310 posts, read 561,315 times
Reputation: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
In real life, we'll cut you off without signaling, not hold doors open for you, not bother getting to know you, and not make small talk.

There are many reasons why one wouldn't want to live here.
I tend to have a pretty good eye for sarcasm, but I can't really tell if you're being sarcastic here or not.

If you're being serious...the only one of those that would really bother me is "not bother getting to know you"...the rest are formalities IMO. BUT I would definitely want to be able to establish some real friendships and connections in my new home. Are you saying that Denverites (or is it Denverians? ... sorry ) are typically aloof and cliquish? From what I've read, it seems that (on average) transplants to Denver have an easy enough time making new friends...did I miss something?

Dissenting views, anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 08:16 PM
 
Location: Arvada, CO
13,227 posts, read 24,308,543 times
Reputation: 12937
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda200 View Post
So, where do you want to live?
Not here (WA).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakAve2OakLand View Post
I tend to have a pretty good eye for sarcasm, but I can't really tell if you're being sarcastic here or not.
Heh heh, one of my many talents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakAve2OakLand View Post
the only one of those that would really bother me is "not bother getting to know you"...the rest are formalities IMO. BUT I would definitely want to be able to establish some real friendships and connections in my new home. Are you saying that Denverites (or is it Denverians? ... sorry ) are typically aloof and cliquish? From what I've read, it seems that (on average) transplants to Denver have an easy enough time making new friends...did I miss something?
Yes, I was being serious. That has been my experience -- something I haven't had trouble with in other locations. I would say "aloof", but not "cliquish".

Denver is like a permanent form of temporary imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 09:43 PM
 
Location: Madison, WI
230 posts, read 349,793 times
Reputation: 68
Why do Californians like Denver pray tell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:00 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top