U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 08:02 AM

8 posts, read 33,742 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if there is a shuttle service that will take you from Downtown to the Red Rocks Amphitheater round trip? And for a decent price? I've found one company that charges $300.00 for the night but that is way out of my price range.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 08:12 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,360,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy720 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a shuttle service that will take you from Downtown to the Red Rocks Amphitheater round trip? And for a decent price? I've found one company that charges $300.00 for the night but that is way out of my price range.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
It's not a round trip, but the RTDs 2X bus leaving Civic Center Station weekdays at 4:37, 5:17, and 5:45 drops in Morrison. Thats easy walking distance to the amphitheater (1.6 miles according to Google). Keep in mind that no matter how you get there you have to the last half mile anyway. Then you only need to worry about the return trip.

If I was you, I'd take the bus to the concert. Then call a taxicab for the return trip. That way the bus will cost you $4. and the taxi will cost you about $20 or $30. to get back. Not too bad a deal.

Civic Center Station to Red Rock Amphitheatre, W Alameda Pkwy, Morrison, CO 80401 - Google Maps

http://www3.rtd-denver.com/schedules...&serviceType=3

Old 08-10-2011, 04:17 PM

181 posts, read 355,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
the taxi will cost you about $20 or $30. to get back.
More like $40 or $50.

Taxi Fare Finder Denver - Estimate Your Taxi Cab Fare, Cost & Rates

Old 08-10-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertzimmerman View Post
Yikes, thats more then I would have thought. At least you only have to pay it one-way, if you take the bus out there. If you are on a really tight budget, one option might be to just use the taxi to get from Red Rocks to West Colfax. Then catch the 16 bus from there back to Downtown. That should cut the taxi fare about in half.

I've never really understood why RTD doesn't provide at least one bus for shuttle service for concerts at Red Rocks. With the fare that RTD charges for special events, they could probably make some money from it.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:11 PM

Hey I'll take $40 or $50 over the $300.00 that other company was going to charge. Plus it's going to be split between myself and two others. Do you think we will be able to find a cab pretty easy after the show or should I call ahead and make a reservation? This is my first time to Denver so I don't really know how it all works yet.

Thank you so much!

Old 08-10-2011, 07:49 PM

1,810 posts, read 3,077,791 times
Is there any reason why you couldn't rent a car? There's an Enterprise location downtown and maybe a few other rental agencies as well. It might work out to be cheaper than a car service or a cab, especially if you're going for two concerts. You could try using Priceline.com's "name your own price" feature to get a car at a decent rate.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:10 PM

To be honest we will have a rental car during the time we are in Denver but we are on vacation and wanted to drink at the show. I don't feel comfortable drinking and driving, especially in an unfamiliar place/state. I'm just trying to do the responsible thing and keep everyone safe and DUI free. If all else fails I will take one for the team and be the designated driver of course. I'm just trying to see what my options are. Thank you for the suggestion!

Old 08-11-2011, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy720 View Post
Hey I'll take $40 or $50 over the $300.00 that other company was going to charge. Plus it's going to be split between myself and two others. Do you think we will be able to find a cab pretty easy after the show or should I call ahead and make a reservation? This is my first time to Denver so I don't really know how it all works yet.

Thank you so much!
I would think that they would have a line of cabs queued up there before the end of the concert. Knowing about how many concert goers were going to need a ride. But I don't know that, so you should probably make a reservation. The only problem I can think you might have is, if the cab doesn't get there in time and gets stuck in the traffic leaving the concert. But thats not really your problem. You might just have to wait for it to arrive.

This is from the Red Rocks FAQ.

"Is there public transportation to Red Rocks?

There is no scheduled bus or shuttle service to Red Rocks. Many guests do use a limo or taxi service which we are happy to accommodate. The best drop-off/pick-up points are at the Trading Post for taxis and the Top Circle Lot for limos".

FAQ Red Rocks Shows

Old 02-16-2013, 10:52 AM

48 posts, read 40,652 times
Default Take a Cab

There are cabs at the top of Red Rocks (near the visitor center) after shows, but they tend to load up and leave pretty quickly. I would definitely call first. As far as the suggestion to take a bus into Morrison and "walk" (more like a short hike) to Red Rocks, you'd better be in good shape and ready for a haul. The drop off for the bus is near the ENTRANCE to Red Rocks, but the hike up to the amphitheater is at least 2 or 3 miles uphill. You'd be better served taking a cab both ways, or (as posted above) taking the bus for part of your trip and then grabbing a cab from there.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:00 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,383,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I've never really understood why RTD doesn't provide at least one bus for shuttle service for concerts at Red Rocks. With the fare that RTD charges for special events, they could probably make some money from it.
I agree. Even if they provided a couple services from major stations (Union, Civic Center) and larger park n rides (Nine Mile, University, Broadway) they could charge a bit more (like the airport shuttle) and have a "BroncosRide" style money maker on their hands.

Of course, capacity is an issue with busses...a TRAIN would have been a good idea, though I understand it would be expensive...though maybe not with the right fare structure? "$5 a person for the last 3 miles" from JeffCo, maybe? Or maybe not possible with the terrain / right-of-way issues?

Alternatively, a large, articulated bus with a dedicated right-of-way, even if just from somewhere around a nearby major transit station might work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver