U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 04:37 PM

16,507 posts, read 20,904,171 times

Advertisements

Sheesh, it sounds like I done the right thing by selling off when I did, but that's when the silver market went bonkers in the Summer/Fall of 1980. If the scruples have gotten that bad, I'm glad I got out when I did, then yeah a refinery would be your best. At least I got compensated well for the silver I dumped (all junk silver-dimes quarters and halves I saved over 15 years. Came in handy as my Cobra insurance expired as I was on long term layoff. Wait a sec- that's going on today with everybody!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 11:56 AM

387 posts, read 524,355 times
Maybe try EBAY

Old 08-21-2011, 08:59 AM

3 posts, read 2,624 times
I would deffo sugest ebay. At least people will generally pay spot price for scrap gold.
It's now a good time to sell ($1700)+ oz at present.
Just out of curiosity, are you selling coins & jewelry, or have you been panning the creeks?

Old 08-21-2011, 09:27 AM

30 posts, read 43,686 times
Default selling gold

I would like to add my two cents to this topic. You can sell gold to any local pawn shop. The trick is to know what you have before you go example how much weight and what karet when you have this info go to gold price.org and look for the calculators there you will see current price for 1 gram or penny weight of say 14 K gold then when you have that price do not ecept anything lower then 80% of that price. Most places will offer 50-60% of what the price should be. They use the stupid factor to make money. After you recieve there offer take out your paper with your figures and tell them what you expect to get for your gold and like magic they will recalculate. Hope this helps everyone that wants to sell gold.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:37 AM

387 posts, read 524,355 times
Or put an ad in Indian Newspaper for Indian expats like India Abroad Times since Indians are biggest consumers of gold

Old 08-22-2011, 01:46 AM

16,438 posts, read 19,084,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrs99 View Post
Or put an ad in Indian Newspaper for Indian expats like India Abroad Times since Indians are biggest consumers of gold
They are also knowledgeable about gold and consider anything less than 22 carat as junk.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 682 times
Look at [url=http://www.musselmanjewelers.com]Musselman Jewelers - Sell Gold - Engagement Rings - Custom Jewelry - Downtown Denver[/url]. I sold my gold there last month and they gave me the best price, I am planning on going there before gold prices drop.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:30 PM

200 posts, read 371,961 times
You can post on Craigslist and a private buyer will contact you. They have their own testing equipment and will pay 80%+ of the spot price. Only meet at a public place or they will just bonk you over the head and take your gold.

When I did this, no one was interested in the fact it was beautiful jewelry. Go figure.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Rx_

7 posts, read 6,697 times
You might want to check out www.kitco.com get the prices and then go down to Broadway and go door to door. The old shops are best. Of course they will check you out, then offer around $20 less than spot. Would be careful never to park where they can get a car tag number. Otherwise, someone will follow you home.

A gold/silver convention is better to get muliple bidders.
Honesty, your crazy for selling gold before an election where there will be the realization of our massive debt. The 1 ounce coin you sell today will be worth another $1,000 of paper money about Feb 2013. Prices are cheap given what paper money supply is being held back right now.

Kitco is not the only place. But, they are convenient.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:40 PM

13 posts, read 13,850 times
I saw a gold buyer documentary last weekend, concerning Denver buyers. It seems that you have to beware of selling gold. I found an interesting source about selling gold in Denver (Source:click)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or