U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 03:35 PM

25 posts, read 4,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
A foreclosure auction is the last place a newbie should be.

A lot of loans that are foreclosing are juniors, so if you buy one you have to payoff the first in order to get full ownership.

A foreclosure auction requires a certified funds check for 1 dollar more than what the bank bids. If you win the auction, you have until 2 pm to get the public trustee the rest of the cash.

There are redemption rights for all junior lien holders.....

Learning so much from you. I would call you, but idiot me signed a contract with my current realtor.

Shouldn't a good realtor have general knowledge of the schools, elementry, middle school HS besides the general knowledge we all have?

Shouldn't a realtor be a good negotiator?

It is ok for a realtor cancel a showing because they have other plans, excluding something serious of course. ( happened to me twice)

Is it professional to send an email with just a one line comment.. "when should we meet?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 08:57 PM

10 posts, read 13,794 times
Frankly, I fear the foreclosure market. I want to be able to take the time to look at a place, get it inspected, etc. I'm just looking for a better than average deal. Take this one for example:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5560-Pine-Ct-Greenwood-Village-CO-80121/13126782_zpid/#{scid=hdp-site-map-list-address}

I would have bought that in a heartbeat for the asking price due to area and lot size. They are going through a divorce, so someone got a chance to monopolize. I'm sure there are other stories like that available.

I appreciate the advice guys - Thank You.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:06 PM

6,861 posts, read 5,764,854 times
Focus.
Determine the location you want. Looking at Lone Tree and University Park is NOT focusing.
When we bought 25 years ago in Bonnie Brae, we focused on 4 blocks. Yes, 4 blocks. Then, we waited.
When we bought this year in Berkeley, we focused on 24 blocks.
Focus.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajs76 View Post
Frankly, I fear the foreclosure market. I want to be able to take the time to look at a place, get it inspected, etc. I'm just looking for a better than average deal. Take this one for example:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5560-Pine-Ct-Greenwood-Village-CO-80121/13126782_zpid/#{scid=hdp-site-map-list-address}

I would have bought that in a heartbeat for the asking price due to area and lot size. They are going through a divorce, so someone got a chance to monopolize. I'm sure there are other stories like that available.

Bad schools unless you go private.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:51 AM

10 posts, read 13,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Focus.
Determine the location you want. Looking at Lone Tree and University Park is NOT focusing.
When we bought 25 years ago in Bonnie Brae, we focused on 4 blocks. Yes, 4 blocks. Then, we waited.
When we bought this year in Berkeley, we focused on 24 blocks.
Focus.
My initial thoughts were CCSD with an oppurtunity for decent appreciation - so either GV or Centennial probably, but I wanted to see if there was another area like Lone Tree (or University Park) I was missing out on.

I was hoping you all could help point me to some hidden gems I might not have considered.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
My initial thoughts were CCSD with an oppurtunity for decent appreciation - so either GV or Centennial probably, but I wanted to see if there was another area like Lone Tree (or University Park) I was missing out on.

I was hoping you all could help point me to some hidden gems I might not have considered.

Are you new to Colorado?

Old 08-17-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:

I read that foreclosures are going way down and banks are going to rent them instead, probably sell them when the market comes back up. Bad news for people looking for a deal on a foreclosure.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:38 PM

8,634 posts, read 19,074,187 times
That is just an idea, given the sheer number of vacant houses.

Banks are terrible at real estate and I can't imagine they'd make decent landlords.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:43 PM

I was told the market was going to be flooded with foreclosures in August and that has not happened, so what are they going to do with all these houses?

Old 08-17-2011, 05:04 PM

8,634 posts, read 19,074,187 times
Maybe they were referring to August 2012?

I guess a lot depends on your source...hmmmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver