Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 02:42 AM

339 posts, read 1,287,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiScree View Post
Come on, man. Isn't it obvious if someone is ignoring your calls and texts then they just don't want to be friends? Why is this something worth complaining about? Man up and go make new friends.

Also, who cares if someone compliments you on your new car? Did you buy it for compliments or did you buy it do get you where you need to go? Jesus, man. That is just completely rediculous.\
I'm making an issue about the car thing because when I had my other beat up beater, they'd always be saying little comments and stuff about my car. Nothing bad, but just stuff when I was cleaning it or working on it. Now that I roll up in a new shiny thing their bubbles are just busted. They have said hi to me 3 or 4 times but act completely oblivious to the fact of the new car. I'm sorry but that's FAKE. Fake, fakery, plastic, artificial, pretend, phony, fony, funny...whatever you wanna call it. And in Florida, that phony stuff doesn't go without being called out.

But here's the thing: MOST ALL of the people I meet here start ignoring calls and texts. Wait...actually, they never call ONLY text. People in this city text more than any city I have ever lived in. You call them on the phone and they seem most certainly shocked that you even picked up the phone!

Here's another example: I met a guy at the bar 2 weeks ago. He came up TO ME. He started flirting with ME, and wrapping his arms around ME and gave me HIS business card/phone number. We didn't even have sex or go home with each other that night. Barely 24 hours later he tells me he is dating someone and then could only carry on conversation in 1 word text messages. I'd attempt to make a conversation and he'd respond with yes or no. It's like, what the hell? How you going to go from totally interested to hitched up and not wanting to have anything to do with me in less than 24 hours?

I know I keep repeating this ad nauseum, but it just seems to come off to me as being prejudice. It's like these people realize I'm an attractive Black person, but they can't ever put it into action. I say so because I look around and see people who aren't Black hooking up on a dime left and right. It's like they are afraid of taking it to the next level because their friends may think bad of them. People in Denver act racist behind your back.

I'm just going to keep bitching about this until either things change or until I move. I have to put up with it all the time so I have no choice but to talk about it all the time.

I'm not saying that after a few texts and a first meet that all of a sudden I should be best buddies with people...but what I was used to was it actually leading up to a 2nd meeting. If we didn't click on that 2nd meeting, it sucked...but atleast the opportunity presented itself. But here in Denver, they meet that first time and then don't even attempt to move it on from there. And that first time meet comes in the form of meeting out someplace. Not online websites because I really haven't met many people from those either here. Only people who really talk to me around here are either older 40 or 50+ years old or just downright disgusting looking. Because the attractive people here are either hitched, extremely cliquey, or are into White and Latin people and I get thrown all the trolls.

How do you think it feels as a 24 year old, attractive person to go out to nightclubs...and get all the older, retired men hitting on you and their the only ones? And I don't even look, dress or act old! But people in Denver are so cliquey that's all who really puts any effort into things. This isn't a relationship thing, this is a Denver issue! They are cliquey and prejudice here!

Even worse, I'm finding people from other areas are acting just like these people! The typical scenario: They'll take the time to talk to you here, but then once you walk away and are out of their sight...they can't be bothered. Hell, I even think it's rubbing off on me too! I'm starting to become just as fake and phony as them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
And I'm counting 7, 6, 5 more months I have to keep sitting around dealing with this **** too...

Last edited by CruisingUSA; 08-30-2011 at 02:57 AM..

Old 08-30-2011, 07:52 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,116,799 times
Like some cheese with that whine?

Old 08-30-2011, 08:03 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
like Fabolous says, eff the haters

consider denver a purgatory, a place where you are paying for past or future dues

just do you

and continue the pursuit of your happyplace

Old 08-30-2011, 08:23 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Thread's dead baby, Thread's dead.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:49 AM

2,140 posts, read 6,469,422 times
It be the result of the city and $$$.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:26 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiScree View Post
I figured that had to be a joke. Sarcasm meter calibrated!
Yes... I'm real sarcastic that way

Old 08-30-2011, 09:29 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,720,684 times
LOL!!!!!!!!

You are white?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Just the other day, I was minding my business, standing in line at WalMart. Then I started to notice... people were giving me the stink eye, just looking at me real mean. I didn't do anything.. maybe they were just jealous because I could afford the name brand peanut butter and they couldn't. Maybe they never saw a white dude in WalMart? But I had the same thing happen at the dollar store when I whipped out a five dollar bill Why is everyone in Denver mean and envious??? I've gotta get outa here. When I lived in Duluth, people were nice, and would just talk to me in line at WalMart. I hooked up with a lotta people at WalMart in Duluth. Life was perfect there.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverLawGal View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!

You are white?
Yes, I'm white. My partner is black. Our children are somewhere in between! And we met right here in Denver, fancy that

Old 08-30-2011, 09:32 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,720,684 times
What the heck?? You are saying people in Florida aren't fake? HA! Fake is everywhere, but so are nice, down to earth people. Like me. :P

I work in a very fake, phony field. But I adore the people I work with. You really need to concentrate on yourself and good things will come. You are very young so hopefully the lightbulb will go off soon.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverLawGal View Post
What the heck?? You are saying people in Florida aren't fake? HA! Fake is everywhere, but so are nice, down to earth people. Like me. :P

I work in a very fake, phony field. But I adore the people I work with. You really need to concentrate on yourself and good things will come. You are very young so hopefully the lightbulb will go off soon.
If you want to see fake people, head to coastal Orange County! You can smell the botox and spray-on tans! And for women, fake boobs are a must! Or driving an $80K car while living in a one bdr. apartment with 5 other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver