Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 10:40 PM

399 posts, read 816,871 times

Advertisements

Not to be rude but everyone usually has a different version of "romantic" given the age of the couple and what they're into. What exactly is "romantic" to you and "dh" (assuming dh means da husband)? Romantic as in going to movies and then dinner or dinner and then a movie? Or many shooting paintball guns, racing go karts, or hiking and having a picnic (or having dinner in a lodge away from the hustle and bustle)?

;D I can tell already I'm definitely not a romantic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 12:02 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,687 posts, read 57,985,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
...You could rent a car for a day and take the Independence Pass / Aspen loop and finish off with a dip in Glenwood Springs pool (cheap after 8PM), and return to Vail....
btw... why you might want to do this loop... (+ there are many more great sites / things to do on this loop)
maroon bells colorado - Google Search

Independence Pass, Colorado - Google Search

or for Estes Park (tho Vail would be my #1 choice)

Quote:
Not to be rude but everyone usually has a different version of "romantic" given the age of the couple and what they're into. .... Romantic as in going to movies and then dinner or dinner and then a movie? ...?

;D I can tell already I'm definitely not a romantic.
I am an antonym for 'romantic', maybe b'cuz I have never tried any of the above suggestions.

I have done dinner, but only if I secretly prepared it. I have never tried a movie. (I would fall asleep BEFORE it got started (did that on date #1(@age 23), w/ spouse of 30+ yrs).... (Early warning sign ). THAT activity was never suggested again ... (which is good by me)

yep, romantic can (and BETTER) vary.... YMMV

Sharing special moments together (like seeing snow, green, and mtns after spending summer of 2011 in Dallas) could go a LONG ways toward being a special shared moment. A romp in a snowbank can be romantic too. Not sure about the paintball thing, I could foresee some problematic issues there

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 09-06-2011 at 12:16 AM..

Old 09-06-2011, 02:40 AM

182 posts, read 328,017 times
Good god don't stay at the airport Marriott! That would be the least romantic anniversary ever! If you want to explore Denver then I would stay in downtown Denver and The Oxford is a really nice place. Historical, right by Union Station and lots of good restaurants. There's several other options downtown as well, historic Brown Palace, Hotel Teatro, etc...

But really you mentioned the gorgeous mountains which if I was celebrating an anniversary and you want it to be romantic then I would head to the mountains. My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary this June. The first several anniversaries we drove every year to a different mountain town. First year we stayed in Telluride at The Hotel Telluride Telluride Hotels, Lodging & Ski Resorts | The Hotel Telluride | Boutique Hotels Colorado Telluride is a really beautiful old mining town nestled in between mountains, great hiking, cute town and nice resorts but definitely far from Denver. You'd pretty much have to fly into Telluride or Durango and then drive. Durango is another option as well, small town, nice drives.

Estes Park is probably one of the closest mountain towns from Denver. One year we stayed at The Stanley because I loved the history of the building. Unfortunately it could really use some TLC, some of the main common areas of the hotel on the lobby level were nice but our room was pretty worn and had stains on the furniture. The outside needed a new coat of paint but it does have presence in Estes Park. Another year we stayed just outside the entrance to RMNP in our own little mountain cottage right along the river at Antler's Pointe Estes Park Cabins | Cabin Rentals in Estes Park Colorado . We grilled on our own little outdoor grill, the river is just outside your front door, you have your own little hot tub, indoor fireplace and accommodations were nice. There are probably a ton of other similar places in Estes but I did like how close it was to the river. Here's another with a great name! Anniversary Inn Bed and Breakfast (Estes Park, CO) - B&B Reviews - TripAdvisor It's common to see Elk roaming all over Estes Park and in RMNP and during their Sept-Oct mating season you can hear them Bugling. Estes Park is approx 1 HR 45 Mins from DIA.

Vail is another option, also about 2 hours from DIA and you could also look at Breckenridge or Keystone.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:02 AM

26,205 posts, read 49,007,205 times
The Old Oxford Hotel has a hallway leading to McCormick's Seafood Restaurant, which has a lovely 1930's style art deco bar area done up like an old cruise ship, plus a large restaurant in the conventional sense.

TONS of great cozy eateries and/or boisterous bars nearby too. Walk a few blocks along the 16th St Pedestrian Mall and eat at Cheesecake Factory....if you've never been to one....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver