U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-16-2011, 12:24 PM

2 posts, read 1,728 times
Default Broomfield to Arvada Commute?

My husband and I are shortly going to relocate from the Mountains to the Front Range. He'll be over in Broomfield.

I'm looking for work in the Denver area, but have no idea where it will end up being, (or, in this economy, if! You have to be positive, though.).

I was looking at Arvada, because I know there is the parkway that goes right up to Broomfield (I took it once). However, what I don't know is on a busy day how long that will be. What does rush hour look like?

Trying to pick a location that will work for me once employment is found that is close to at least one of the major highways (which it has with I70) and good price points (which everything I see, it does!)

Thank you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 01:01 PM

554 posts, read 728,358 times
I guess it depends on what direction. I-70 runs East and West. My experience is on I-25 North and South. So, from there I'd say about twenty minutes on just main roads like Sheridan, Wadsworth, Federal. On the hwy? Anywhere between 8 minutes to 45 depending on traffic, time of day/night, weather, accidents, etc. I took both ways, always trying to find the best route to and from Broomfield to Arvada. And it was almost never the same amount of time on the hwy, but was usually a steady 20 min's by main road. It's a gamble. I-25 bottlenecks from 120th to 84th, especially in rush hour. I stay off of the hwy's in rush hour because I can't handle gridlock.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:48 PM

2 posts, read 1,728 times
Yep, was just trying to think about close to I70, to give E-W options. I appreciate comment; I've heard horror stories about I25, so the backway by Wadsworth looked like if we did Arvada, would be the way to go.

Thanks for input.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,749 times
Arvada is pretty much halfway between Broomfield and Denver. We live in Arvada and I work in Broomfield and my wife works in Wheatridge. Easy commute either way on Wadsworth, which has 2-3 lanes. Even with the recent construction on Wadsworth, there are multiple back ways to Broomfield from Arvada. 36 can get backed up depending on the time of day, but as someone who grew up in NYC and lived in the Bay Area for ten years, it is pretty light. I often ride my bike or take the 76 bus to my office in Broomfield, or a combination of both. We are in the northern part of Arvada, off of 88th and Wads, you can get to I70 in 5-10 mins, depending on timing the lights and traffic.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:20 PM

4,749 posts, read 8,457,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhawkins76 View Post
Yep, was just trying to think about close to I70, to give E-W options. I appreciate comment; I've heard horror stories about I25, so the backway by Wadsworth looked like if we did Arvada, would be the way to go.

Thanks for input.
I live in Arvada and is a nice place to live but so in Broomfield. I think that Broomfield is also centrally located for any future jobs. Since your husband is already working there, then you are one step ahead.

Just to add, if you live in the western part of Arvada, you can easily go direct north Indiana and it ends at 128, which is the road just north of the Jeffco airport. Go east and you will hit 121, Wadsworth, just south of the 36 Interchange. This way you can avoid the traffic on Wadsworth.

Indiana is not heavy with traffic as it was in the past, as it was one of the main routes to the Rocky Flats Plant, that has since closed.

Livecontent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver