U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2011, 11:02 AM

73 posts, read 184,473 times

Advertisements

Hello! I'm looking into Colorado's oil and gas job market and curious if anyone can tell me what is a rough range in rental fees for a 1 bedroom studio apartment in the Denver area. That would be in areas w/o living in the rough parts of town. I'm now living in Oklahoma City and considering moving there if a job in the industry is offered. I know the cost of living is considerably higher in Denver and may be a more exciting place overall than here.

Thank you.

TonyD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 11:08 AM

20,840 posts, read 39,052,603 times
Tony, try padmapper.com to see rentals and prices; it's map-based a great tool.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:20 AM

Default Denver Studio Rentals

Mike, thanks for the link, will check it out!

Old 09-21-2011, 12:48 PM

196 posts, read 494,890 times
Keep us posted how the oil and gas job search goes too. I am in the same boat here..

Old 09-21-2011, 01:17 PM

26 posts, read 60,332 times
Be prepared for a much higher cost of living. We just moved here from KC and it's been a shocker. Make sure you look at more than just the housing, including utilities, food, car registration, car insurance...our car insurance doubled from KC, health insurance, etc. Gas is cheaper here than KC, but considering how spread out everything is, we are driving much more and using more gas as a result. Consider your commute and related expenses, including light rail (about $160 for a monthly pass, I believe), parking downtown is expensive.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:58 PM

Default Cost of Living in Denver/Oil & Gas Industry Jobs

High cost of living in Denver will not shock me, I'm from the Philly area and was aware of everything being higher in Denver as you mentioned but not as high as Washington DC and most definitely NYC.

What the job market is like in Denver, I know very little about it other than hearing it's going through a tough time as back east. I'm now living in OKC and it's not perfect here either but so they say it's better than most parts of the US? Denver draws me as a little more progressive and open than OKC and even Dallas from what I've heard especially from a social perspective. I spent time in CO in the past and witnessed the same.

I'm a Penna. guy very close in culture and upbringing to my beloved mountains back east, that is a bid draw for me to Denver and Colorado. Once you have the mountains in your blood, they will forever be part of you till death no matter the Rockies or the Appalachians.

I'm trying to get a job in the oil and gas industry but is very very difficult w/o oil and gas experience. The industry I once was employed in, The US Transportation Industry is flat on its face with the states having no money to fund all their highway and bridge engineering projects.

Any comments on the above, I will like to hear from Colorado.

TonyD.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:43 PM

26 posts, read 60,332 times
If you are from Philadelphia, then the Denver cost of living will probably seem much better and things like heavy traffic will not bother you...my parents lived in Philadelphia for a while and I think the traffic in Denver is much better. And, yes, I agree with you that Denver is much more progressive and open than OKC. Good luck with the job search.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:49 AM

4,506 posts, read 5,468,767 times
Studios range from $5-650.00 + $25-50 per pet monthly ...smallest and most expensive being close to downtown...they get larger and cheaper farther out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or