U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 10:50 AM

226 posts, read 666,013 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for an apartment (moving from out of state), and I see of them located in DTC. Is DTC a totally separate area than downtown? Is it as congested as downtown would be? I will be traveling for work, occasionally as far north as Ft Collins and as far south as COS. Would it be hard to get into and out of the DTC area during rush hour?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 4 days ago)

10,873 posts, read 29,258,091 times
The Denver Tech Center, south east of downtown, not nearly as dense as downtown.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:15 AM

13,916 posts, read 20,103,660 times
These may be useful.
Denver Technological Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.dtcmeridian.com

Old 09-25-2011, 11:15 AM

I'm looking for somewhere close enough to bike downtown or take the rail, but not too congested. What is the Englewood/Littleton area right off of Hwy 85 like? I assume that is not considered part of DTC.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:20 PM

13,213 posts, read 24,250,668 times
DTC is at I-25/I-225 MOL.

I live just north of there (the mini-skyscrapers are just on the other side of the freeway from me).

It is approx 10 miles south of downtown, 20/25 minutes without traffic (driving), 30-35 minutes with, longer with snow.

It is not as congested as downtown, though traffic can suck in spots down here during rush hours.

Getting to FC or COS isn't a problem, as long as you allow yourself enough time.

There is light rail here, but the average bike-rider probably wouldn't want to bike downtown from here (probably would have to be above average).

Littleton/Englewood along the rail are average and middle-class areas. They are not DTC, but are nice areas.

Have you looked at Highland?

Old 09-26-2011, 07:53 AM

Yeah I'll be looking into Highlands Ranch as well. Thanks for the info.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odie91 View Post
Yeah I'll be looking into Highlands Ranch as well. Thanks for the info.
No, I was referring to Denver neighborhood "Highland", which is basically across I-25 from downtown.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
No, I was referring to Denver neighborhood "Highland", which is basically across I-25 from downtown.
Seems like a neat area. You don't think I would have trouble getting into and out of there during rush hour? I will be traveling all over the place due to my job (Ft Collins, Aurora, Highlands Ranch, Castle Rock, Longmont, Colorado Springs, Lakewood).

Old 09-29-2011, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odie91 View Post
Seems like a neat area. You don't think I would have trouble getting into and out of there during rush hour? I will be traveling all over the place due to my job (Ft Collins, Aurora, Highlands Ranch, Castle Rock, Longmont, Colorado Springs, Lakewood).
Not any more than you would anywhere else, it's pretty centrally located, and morning rush hours shouldn't be much of a problem going west or north, and most of the time east shouldn't be a problem either. South can suck, but it's not that bad, especially when you can take Federal or Sheridan as an alternate around the downtown I-25 mess.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:57 PM

Thanks for the suggestion on Highland. I flew in from out of state last weekend and signed a lease there. I also did a lot of driving to figure out some of my commute routes.

From Highland, when I need to get to CO Springs during rush hour, how far south should I take Federal or Sheridan before I swing over to I-25?

I will also have to go from Highland to Aurora (at E Hampden & S Tower Rd). Do I need to avoid I-225 for any reason? Looks like the best route is to take Sheridan then I-70 East, then head south somewhere....

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Not any more than you would anywhere else, it's pretty centrally located, and morning rush hours shouldn't be much of a problem going west or north, and most of the time east shouldn't be a problem either. South can suck, but it's not that bad, especially when you can take Federal or Sheridan as an alternate around the downtown I-25 mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver