U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: IKEA or American Furniture Warehouse
IKEA 30 47.62%
American Furniture Warehouse 33 52.38%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 04:59 PM

1,554 posts, read 2,813,859 times

Advertisements

I've never bought anything at AFW because their service sucks. I've walked into the Arvada store a few times, and their salespeople seemed to have been trained in ignoring customers. Wouldn't it be nice, if in such a large showroom, someone presented themselves to ask if they could help you find something, rather than stand around doing nothing? And the one time I did ask for help, the guy pointed me in the direction and continued doing nothing.

Re these stores that have a political message to force on people, like Hobby Lobby and Chick Fil A, those are two places I will never do business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 06:08 PM

346 posts, read 391,399 times
Won't shop IKEA because it's part of the pollution in Puke Meadows, where I used to dove hunt in the 70'sand 80's.
IMO, Jake Jabs has done a lot more for local humanitarian causes than IKEA ever will.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:07 PM

12 posts, read 7,017 times
I would rather save my money, getting something a bit better quality. We got my son a corner desk for his computer. After a couple years, he outgrew his furniture, and instead of putting it on Craig's List, we broke it up in chunks (being pressed wood) and put it in the garbage.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:10 AM

930 posts, read 534,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoPaintInc View Post
I would rather save my money, getting something a bit better quality. We got my son a corner desk for his computer. After a couple years, he outgrew his furniture, and instead of putting it on Craig's List, we broke it up in chunks (being pressed wood) and put it in the garbage.
IKEA tends to have better quality build-your-own furniture, especially with regards to tables and chairs. A lot of it's solid wood. I bought a whole apartment's worth in college in 2006 and sold it in 2013 for a decent price.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:36 AM

13,675 posts, read 13,470,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
We have one recliner from AFW, a more modern looking fake leather one. If I get 5 years out of it, I'll be happy. But yeah, most of their furniture isn't my style. Like they had an "extra wide" rocking recliner with camouflage fabric and built in cup holders lol! Perfect for your double-wide

We did splurge on an Ethan Allen sectional sofa about 8 years ago and it still looks and feels like new. But it cost the same as a used Honda
That. Is. Awesome.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:18 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,201,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnJam View Post
Won't shop IKEA because it's part of the pollution in Puke Meadows, where I used to dove hunt in the 70'sand 80's.
IMO, Jake Jabs has done a lot more for local humanitarian causes than IKEA ever will.
Wah! People moved in and it doesn't look like 1970 any more!

Old 08-18-2015, 03:20 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,201,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
I've never bought anything at AFW because their service sucks. I've walked into the Arvada store a few times, and their salespeople seemed to have been trained in ignoring customers. Wouldn't it be nice, if in such a large showroom, someone presented themselves to ask if they could help you find something, rather than stand around doing nothing? And the one time I did ask for help, the guy pointed me in the direction and continued doing nothing.

Re these stores that have a political message to force on people, like Hobby Lobby and Chick Fil A, those are two places I will never do business.
I think Jake Jabs is a big Republican donor... I saw a picture of him with George Bush in the store. Although I've never heard about him donating company profits to conservative causes (as did CFA) or advertising that against this or that. And I forget the specifics, but I recall an article about his charitable donations to good causes that anybody would probably agree with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or