U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 03:29 PM

9 posts, read 23,917 times

Advertisements

My wife officially accepts a job tomorrow in Thornton. We need to find a pitbull friendly apartment ASAP. We have one small pitbull and he's an awesome dog. I've put an ad on craigslist but so far no hits. Are there any websites out there for apartment rentals that aren't all management companies with BSL? I can't believe it's this hard to find an apartment for a family with a pitbull...

Here's our craigslist ad. Please email me if you have a place for rent or know of someone who does.
Responsible pet owners need an apartment! (pics) (http://denver.craigslist.org/hou/2640632423.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 04:02 PM

53 posts, read 146,776 times
Unfortunatly there is a stigma surrounding Pitts that has been very hard to erase thanks to some folks that have raised and trained them to be mean and aggresive. Every single pitt I have ever known has been one of the most lovable, loyal and friendly dogs you could ever imagine. I dont know if it is still in effect but Denver use to have a ban on pitts in the city limits...from your post I dont know if you are here in the metro area or coming from away so thought I would mention it. It "may" have been repealed but I just cant remember for sure. So just because of the bred of dog you own you will have a major hurdle trying to find a place to rent. I wish you the best of luck.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:06 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,430,594 times
Have known many pitbulls who would take advantage of anyone who is unable to stand their ground, such as children. While sweet as heck still very single minded in the dominance department.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:09 PM

3,181 posts, read 7,022,099 times
One of the frequent contributers to the pet forum is Luvabull-Denver, you might try sending a DM to them to see if their pittie knowledge can be helpful http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...r-1207380.html

Good luck in your search, I think Denver is a great place except for BSL.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:11 PM

319 posts, read 640,405 times
Did you know that pitbulls are banned in Denver, Aurora and Louisville? (Couldn't tell from your post.) There's been so much bad press that the entire region is rather skittish. I'm the proud GoddessMother of a purebred pitbull, but I'm not in the Denver metro region so I can't help with rental info. Hang in there; hopefully someone will come along with more info for you.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:14 PM

20,836 posts, read 39,046,511 times
Doc, search for rentals on padmapper.com
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:48 PM

9 posts, read 23,917 times
Found a place a couple blocks outside of downtown Boulder! Had someone contact me through my craigslist ad. For anyone else looking for housing with a pit that seems to be the way to go. Yes I was aware of the ridiculous BSL. Denver, Louisville, Aurora, Ft Lupton, and I believe Castle Rock all have breed restrictions.

Before the Boulder haters come out, I've been there 4 times this summer and it sure beats the hell out of Chicago

Old 10-12-2011, 08:17 PM

3,181 posts, read 7,022,099 times
Congrats! There are a lot of people out there that know pitties are great pups, glad you found one.

Best of luck on the move. If you're driving out Drury Inns are dog friendly with no weight limit or pet fee, the free cocktail hour helps too.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:25 PM

20,836 posts, read 39,046,511 times
Doc, thanks for the update, glad it turned out well.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:56 PM

53 posts, read 146,776 times
Congrats, glad you found a place. I have always liked boulder, never lived there but been there many times. Good luck to ya...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver