U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 05:58 PM

8 posts, read 41,763 times

Advertisements

i know this is an older discussion, but i need to give my two cents, or maybe a nickle...
i'm born and raised in denver. i'm from an area in denver with a large mexican population in the southwest territories.
i'm currently residing in the capitol hill area off east colfax, and have been for about 10 years. i work in a big liq store, and i see many people on a daily basis, and i'm going to comment on what i see. sorry if i offend anyone.

the stereotypes i notice ARE transplants within the caphill area. this area has poor, middle, and rich class all in one. the transplants here think colfax is a ghetto, along with five points, and east denver off york. i met two guys, after the shooting on 34th and york, who said they live right down the street, and they emphesized they they 'hear gunshots ever night,' saying it was a ghetto, and thought they're cool for living there.
also, the youngsters wear sliver, or shiny colored type wayfarers, dc hats, bright colored shirts, and listen to dubstep. lol
and the mexican area is full of guido styled people, whom many think they're gangsta's, and in some cases, they are. techno and raves, became popular in the hispanic areas around 2007, and many teens started doing their hair with giant spikes, with some spikes reaching 2-3 feet high! lol...i have more, but i'll come back later..
these stereo types are just for fun, and not everyone is like this. denver is very diverse, especially in the cap hill area. i, like many people who lived in s/w denver never skied, and very few would snowboard. so people saying they know many true denverites who ski, don't realize that a little more than half the population is white, and there are a considerable amount of latinos in the city, many of whom live in s/w denver, west denver, parts of east and 5points, and a lot of them never snowboard or ski. so take that into consideration. not many transplants in the outer parts of the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 11:55 PM

61 posts, read 246,806 times
I picture people who look like John denver
Wearing fleece, walking sandals, and eating granola bars.
But I kinda picture that look for most of the North West, including Oregon
And the Dakotas.
Seattle seems more posh.

But yeah, there are ALL kinds of people everywhere.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:38 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,022,895 times
I picture guys with beer stained Champion t shirts and tan Polo shorts , sunglasses unevenly placed on their heads around midnight.."Oh wow that's my own reflection staring back from under a coffee table with a bunch of empty Mickey's bottles and Mountain Dew cans." Ya, actually I am in Denver right now this place is really off the hook. The real cat's meoww if you will and a very healthy city indeed and of course it goes without saying the weather couldn't be better. Think: London..NewYork City...Tokyo..Denver.

Last edited by Scott5280; 08-23-2012 at 01:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or