U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 12:03 PM

21 posts, read 31,916 times

Advertisements

Golden is a great area and fairly small in terms of "community feel." There really isn't a bad place in Golden. Downtown Golden area is an awesome place! Golden is a great location in terms of being close to mountains, easy access to Denver, etc. Westminster is a great area as well. For better access to the mountains/denver etc, you are better off the further south and west you are in Westminster. You might also think about Arvada. In between Westminster and Golden and is a great area as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 12:41 PM

4,931 posts, read 8,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyWyked06660 View Post
Thank you livecontent for the info. We did start looking at Westminster and Golden as well. We have found quite a few selections of housing for what we are looking for in most of those areas. Do you recommend anywhere in specific in Westminster and Golden?
Golden is great place to live, as the previous poster has said. I like the old center of the city but it can be expensive, in parts. The areas in and around Golden are also a good bet, Lakewood, Wheat Ridge or Arvada.

You will find many of my posts mentioning the Applewood neighborhood, centering on Youngfield from about 20th to 38th as an exceptional place to live. It is where Lakewood, Wheat Ridge and Golden come together.

I live in Arvada and I am a prejudiced in favor of that city because it offers so much variety and has more of a small town feel than any other of the cities. It has extensive parks, trails and recreational amenities. The city has its own olde town city center. This city built along Ralston Creek and in the Ralston Valley is considered by many, in this area, as a great place to live with country and city amenities. Schools are under the well regarded Jefferson County School System with many new schools built in this area in recent years. For a family with children, Arvada is one of the best areas to live. Also, a commuter rail line is now under construction through the city,The Gold Line.

Westminster is more difficult to defined as it starts in very old neighborhoods around 72nd and Federal, the old city town, to farther north/northwest which has many newer developments and shopping. It also extends further west, past Wadsworth.

I like the area in Westminster that is north on Sheridan, in and around 104th and West through Church Ranch. That area is where the big Westminster City Park is located with two big recreational centers. There a vast amount of open space and trails that go in and around this areas. A nice shopping area is at Church Ranch and I-36. It also has the big recreational ice arena. In addition, there is excellent public transit available at the Park n Ride with a planned commuter rail station, sometime in the future.

Livecontent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver