Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 11:05 AM

4 posts, read 6,306 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I are moving to the Denver area next fall. He will mainly be working in the tech center, so I have been doing some research on the south/west suburbs of Denver. So far, the main ones we are considering are Highlands Ranch, Centennial, Littleton, Lakewood, South Glenn, Englewood, Acres Green, Castlewood, and Foxfield. I've compiled a lot of demographic information and some information about actually living there (trails, parks, etc), but I am finding it a bit overwhelming.

Being recent college grads, we are looking for a condo/townhome in a relatively young/new neighborhood that is not rediculous in price and we would likely be renting. Proximity to the mountains and city are also very important since we are relatively active people. Our top picks right now based on the info I've found are Highlands Ranch Centennial, and Littleton.

Can anyone recommend newer subdivisions or areas in these cities or nearby cities so we can narrow down our search? We are only going to visit once for a few days before actually moving so I'd like to have a relatively short list of places to check out before our trip.

Thanks in advance for your advice!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 12:44 PM

864 posts, read 1,453,831 times
Foxfield is essentially a suburban "rural" subdivision...older homes on acreage with zoning for horses and livestock. I'm thinking you wouldn't be happy there...I'm 99% sure there are no condos or townhomes in Foxfield. It's definitely more of a neighborhood than a "town"...it's located at the corner of Parker and Arapahoe Rd., basically in east Centennial. I live in the eastern part of Centennial, and it's nice...takes us about an hour to get to Pikes Peak in the Springs, and 1.5 hours to get to Rocky Mountain National Park near Estes Park.

I think you'd like Highlands Ranch...it's a bedroom community, but a great mall, easy access to the light rail, close to the DTC, lots of shopping and restaurants, and reasonable home prices.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:51 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,301,938 times
Most of those areas you mentioned are actually the south or southeast metro area, not southwest.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:59 PM

4 posts, read 6,306 times
vegas,

Sorry, my initial search started southwest and gradually moved east as I expanded my search area. I guess the general "south" would have been a better description

Old 10-27-2011, 09:13 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,660,633 times
Living in or near the Tech Center would be your best bet. There are tons of apartments within walking distance of the light rail stations at Belleview, Orchard, Dry Creek, and County Line Road/Park Meadows Mall. Light rail would be your best way to get to nightlife and sporting events in downtown Denver and LoDo. Also, you can get on C-470 and be in the mountains in a half hour. Or, as someone else mentioned, there are plenty of housing and outdoor opportunities in Highlands Ranch.

Figure out your price point and look at padmapper, which has been recommended dozens and dozens of times on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver