Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 03:07 PM

3 posts, read 3,265 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone

My family will be moving to the Denver area in January. My husband and I are currently trying to find a home to lease that will be close to his job in Broomfield. So far I have narrowed it down to 2 communities that have homes on the market to lease and that is Heritage townhomes in Legacy Ridge and Reunion community in Commerce City. As some of you might know military life is sometimes very lonely and I hate to see my children hurt from leaving their friends behind. So for my husband and I the most important decision will be based on a great and safe family community. If these communities are good choices please let me know or if you have other suggestions I am open to hear. FYI...We also considered Buckley AFB but the drive will be to much I think. Thanks in advance for all your advise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 03:18 PM

17,704 posts, read 29,791,770 times
Default Reunion is in the middle of nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeagain80 View Post
narrowed it down to...and Reunion community in Commerce City
I was sitting in my local pub (Patrick Carroll's) the other night when I met a couple who live in Reunion. I asked: "why are way over here on the other side of the planet?" Their response: "there is nothing in the Reunion area."

Old 11-29-2011, 03:30 PM

3 posts, read 3,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I was sitting in my local pub (Patrick Carroll's) the other night when I met a couple who live in Reunion. I asked: "why are way over here on the other side of the planet?" Their response: "there is nothing in the Reunion area."
Oh wow. Is it really far from family activities?

Old 11-30-2011, 08:58 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,920,941 times
Quote:
It's not far from going to the airport as a family.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:10 AM

17,704 posts, read 29,791,770 times
Default I have no clue

Quote:
I was hoping that someone who lives in Reunion would respond on these pages.
I have never been to Reunion and hope to never go there.
I like my Northside neighborhood as I have become used to wearing my bulletproof vest all the time.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:04 PM

3,125 posts, read 5,045,940 times
Default Safer choice

I think Legacy Ridge would be a safer choice. It is close to the community centers such as Paul Derda which is great for kids.

City & County of Broomfield

Your kids will be thrilled with the water slides, lazy river, climbing wall and other opportunities (such as the gymnastics center) for them there. Also there is alot of housing options in the area should you decide to move from your original rental so the kids would not necessarily have to lose their friends.

There is a Westminster Public Library on 112th which is very close by. Google Maps

They have a nice children's section.

You also have the Westminster Rec. center right nearby which has nice facilities.
City of Westminster > Parks/Rec > Recreation Facilities & Discount Cards > Recreation Facilities > City Park Recreation Center

You can use either Broomfield or Westminster facilities, you don't have to use just the one from the city you live in.

Welcome to the area.

Last edited by mic111; 11-30-2011 at 05:01 PM..

Old 11-30-2011, 08:43 PM

20 posts, read 41,687 times
Price ranges will really help us narrow this down. V/R, Cycletron.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:31 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,396,224 times
Heritage Ridge Townhomes in Legacy Ridge is in Westminster. You will have access to tremendous recreational facilities in the City of Westminster http://www.ci.westminster.co.us/ParksRec.aspx and Hyland Hills Recreation District http://www.hylandhills.org/index.html .

They have an agreement that each respective residents can share access, at residents rates. Yes, you can use the Broomfield recreational facilities but Hyland Hills has the largest water park in Colorado.
Hyland Hills Park and Recreation District, Colorado's gateway to world class recreation: Water World

In addition Hylands Hills includes one of the largest ice arenas in the area
Hyland Hills Park & Recreation District: World class recreation in Denver, Colorado

All this is nearby and as the previous poster said, the main library is at 112th at Front Range Community College Libraries - City of Westminster, Colorado

I live in the Hylands Hills Recreation District, just south of the all these facilities. Westminster City Park is at 104th and Sheridan with two recreation facilities and the Ice Arena is just west. All are very convenient.
Livecontent

Old 12-01-2011, 09:47 AM

136 posts, read 460,650 times
Reunion is a nice area: tons of families with kids, new homes etc. There are a couple neighborhood parks out there, with a decent rec center with family/kid activities and sports. They are currently building a huge King Soopers (grocery store) off 104th and Chambers. I know some military folks that live that way and work at Buckley and really enjoy it.

The only issue you are going to encounter is a long commute to Broomfield. You could go down 76 and up 36, but traffic can be heavy (on the 36). The other option would be 104th Ave over, but with lights and traffic that commute could be slow as well. Depending on where you are headed in Broomfield, you are looking at a +40 min drive in good weather.

Legacy has a very similar feel: (family friendly, suburban, etc). albeit a bit more pricey

Old 12-01-2011, 12:40 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,396,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoonik View Post
Reunion is a nice area: tons of families with kids, new homes etc. There are a couple neighborhood parks out there, with a decent rec center with family/kid activities and sports. They are currently building a huge King Soopers (grocery store) off 104th and Chambers. I know some military folks that live that way and work at Buckley and really enjoy it.

The only issue you are going to encounter is a long commute to Broomfield. You could go down 76 and up 36, but traffic can be heavy (on the 36). The other option would be 104th Ave over, but with lights and traffic that commute could be slow as well. Depending on where you are headed in Broomfield, you are looking at a +40 min drive in good weather.

Legacy has a very similar feel: (family friendly, suburban, etc). albeit a bit more pricey
Good comments about the traffic. I would say the money saved on gas/auto maintenance in commuting and traveling to other amenities would be significant that can balance the perhaps higher cost. The time saved in your life from not driving is very valuable; being close to home and spending more time with your family. Risk to life from injury and death is less, as auto travel is an increased risk that is better minimized. In addition, public transit is much better living in this area. Front Range Community College is a bus transfer center, which is walkable from these townhomes, so the parents and the children can have an advantage in getting around town, downtown, Boulder or other events.

Since the Broomfield/Boulder/Westminster/Arvada area is a very nice area and an arguably better area, close to work, why bother with Reunion.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 12-01-2011 at 12:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver