U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 02:26 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,304,101 times

Advertisements

Im actually mostly basing it on license plates, maybe it's biased where I am or something though. See mostly Texas and California plates, maybe seen one Arizona plate since I've moved here.

This is a cool map, just hard to get data from
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 06:49 PM

309 posts, read 691,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
What is the deal with Texas anyway? Seems like 80% of people moving here are from TX. Unless there is something special going on shouldn't it pretty equal from a lot of states?
Well we are British but when my company started talking to me about relocating me to the States, I came over and visited Denver, TX and CA and chose Denver.

However the company wanted me to start in TX and so I have been here 9 months but now it really does make sense for them to move me to Denver. There is a saying in Texas which goes something like "I was not born in Texas but I got here as soon as I could" for me it could say "I am not in Denver but I'll get there just as soon as I can" ;-)

Seems like the company has seen sense and now negotiating the relocation to Denver early next year! When we arrive the car will have Texas tags but I assume we will need to get those changed over?

Old 12-05-2011, 08:24 PM

13,967 posts, read 20,238,281 times
Default Long rifles

1. A .22 caliber rifle for critters. Squirrels and those Hanta virus carrying prairie dogs. But, you already own one of those as you are coming from Texas.
2. A serious large game rifle. For wolves, bears and mountain lions. Shoot now and dodge questions later. We also have Elk.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:28 AM

11 posts, read 25,982 times
Be sure to lose any ability to make left hand turns. Do not go into the intersection to prepare to turn left when there is an opening. Instead, sit at the intersection entry and wait for a broad window to magically open. If the light changes red in the meantime, just dust off your bad fortune and wait for it to be green again. Repeat.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:46 AM

86,915 posts, read 102,377,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
I suspect that if other drivers didn't interpret another car's turn signal as meaning they must speed up to prevent a lane change....well maybe more people would use turn signals. I can't really explain how or when this strange social behavior began. You turn on a turn signal, then just watch the car in the other lane speed up to close the gap so that you can't change lanes.
Excuses, excuses! Though I do agree that people will crowd you out, then change lanes themselves.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:41 PM

31 posts, read 55,769 times
Waterproof hiking boots, and ditto on moisturizer and lip balm!

Old 12-13-2011, 01:51 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,234,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily64 View Post
Well we are British but when my company started talking to me about relocating me to the States, I came over and visited Denver, TX and CA and chose Denver.

However the company wanted me to start in TX and so I have been here 9 months but now it really does make sense for them to move me to Denver. There is a saying in Texas which goes something like "I was not born in Texas but I got here as soon as I could" for me it could say "I am not in Denver but I'll get there just as soon as I can" ;-)

Seems like the company has seen sense and now negotiating the relocation to Denver early next year! When we arrive the car will have Texas tags but I assume we will need to get those changed over?
Yes, you'll need to go to a DMV office and get nice Colorado plates. You can wad up those fake looking, ugly tin foil Texas plates and toss them in the rubbish bin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or