Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:18 AM

676 posts, read 2,796,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
Agreed. Have you seen the drawings of the Four Seasons? It's going to add alot to the Denver skyline! Construction has started and it should be completed by 2010... here are some renderings:

Actually the top few renderings are old, from about 3 years ago. The last one of the shot from the air iso view is the most recent. When they were first planning it back in 03 they announced it to be around 60 stories, making it Denver's tallest building. However times change and so does demand and they reduced it to 50 and then to the final plan of 45. It will still have a large spire on the top and will stand out for sure. Amazing as it sounds the top floor penthouse sold recently for 10 million dollars

Old 11-07-2007, 12:33 PM

260 posts, read 1,438,598 times
I think Madison is a cool town. Really its not so different from Boulder in some ways.

But generally people who make comments like this thread starter made -- don't particularly care for Colorado, outside of Boulder ... because so many people who relocated here for a long time came from the bible belt and don't necessary agree on some things. That said, a big influx from other areas in the last 10 years had made Colorado more "balanced" that it was, but still right leaning.

I've met a lot of people in the last 10 years that just don't have similar values to me. Thats ok. But I hope they understand that while they may consider me dead wrong, I may similar consider them wrong as well and we both have points to make.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:01 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,229,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveco. View Post
Actually the top few renderings are old, from about 3 years ago. The last one of the shot from the air iso view is the most recent. When they were first planning it back in 03 they announced it to be around 60 stories, making it Denver's tallest building. However times change and so does demand and they reduced it to 50 and then to the final plan of 45. It will still have a large spire on the top and will stand out for sure. Amazing as it sounds the top floor penthouse sold recently for 10 million dollars
Wow... you're right. When I looked at the photos again, I realized that the building in the top 2 photos is a little different from the bottom picture. Nonetheless, it's still a nice looking building- I can't wait to see it when it's completed.

Last edited by downtownnola; 11-07-2007 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-12-2007, 08:15 AM

195 posts, read 794,286 times
???? I'm new to Denver and I would argue that Denver has more soul than most cities could offer...it's called the Rocky mountains!! How many cities can you hop in your car in be in some of the most beautiful scenery in less than an hour? Every where you go in this city you can see the mountains and it's awe inspiring. I'll guarantee that you will find your soul if you spend your weekends in the mountains....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: