U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 12:30 PM

532 posts, read 905,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
Tim Tebow.... Hmmm....

Why does that name sound familiar?

Didn't he used to be famous?
He's that footballer who gets on his knee(s) and prays periodically, during games, I believe. As a confirmed atheist, I would despise him for that, if nothing else. I believe he also dated Taylor Swift at one point.

Or were you just being ironical?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 12:46 PM

14,115 posts, read 20,811,787 times
No one cares about him. Especially him being a Gator

Old 01-06-2014, 02:18 PM

12,245 posts, read 8,025,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
Tim Tebow.... Hmmm....

Why does that name sound familiar?

Didn't he used to be famous?
Wasn't he a Denver weather forecaster or something?

Old 01-10-2014, 01:57 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,323,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic View Post
As an avid sports fan living in NYC, I'm wondering if the entire city of Denver is actually as enamored with Tim Tebow as ESPN makes it out to be. So I figured I'd post here, on a non-sports website, to get some feedback from the locals.

How beloved are the Broncos in your estimation? How divisive an issue is Tim Tebow in Denver right now? Are there still a lot of Bronco fans who don't want him as your QB of the future, or has pretty much the entire city bought in to him besides Elway? How has his religious fervor (Some would say fanaticism) impacted how the fans view him? Is Denver a highly religious city?

I gotta say, love him or hate him, Tim Tebow sure has made the NFL a very fun sport to be a fan of this season, and Bronco games are must-see events for the entire nation for the first time in a LONG time.
I live in Denver, but met Tebow in a naughty, immoral, un-Christian club that serves alcohol in Las Vegas. [insert sarcasm] (My friend works VIP and was his security for the night.) Douche. Oh and I hate the Broncos. Worked a charity event with Denver linebacker Eric Decker and his wife. My friend and I were never thanked for our time. Made me despise the Broncos even further.

Old 01-10-2014, 03:11 PM

7,764 posts, read 16,832,501 times
Ragazza2011 wrote: Worked a charity event with Denver linebacker Eric Decker and his wife. My friend and I were never thanked for our time. Made me despise the Broncos even further.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but nothing can make you despise the Broncos or make you do anything else. As always, despising the Broncos is simply a choice you made....your choice.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:49 PM

164 posts, read 528,880 times
I do think that Tebow is good fodder for a future "Where Are They Now" segment. Kinda like a child star who crashes and burns. People will slap their forehead and say "Man.....WHAT was I thinking?!".

It was nuts for a while when Tebow was on his streak- I would listen to the sports radio and they were giving updates about the guy every hour. Same with the TV wonks. Unreal. And, it seemed that people partly unconsciously liked the guy for the way his name rolled off their tongue. The double T's were fun to say, and his face and innocence seemed to hit on everyone's DNA-ingrained image of what a proper person looks like.

He could still play in Jacksonville for the Jaguars. Why not?!

Old 01-13-2014, 10:24 AM

1,003 posts, read 1,323,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Ragazza2011 wrote: Worked a charity event with Denver linebacker Eric Decker and his wife. My friend and I were never thanked for our time. Made me despise the Broncos even further.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but nothing can make you despise the Broncos or make you do anything else. As always, despising the Broncos is simply a choice you made....your choice.
Yes, you're right. It is my choice. The OP asked if everyone in Denver loves the Broncos and Tim Tebow. My experiences with pro-athletes has been negative, I've never liked football, despise Denver and that includes the Broncos. My sincere apologies for semantics, CosmicWizard-Nazi-Man. It's my personal choice to root for any team over the Broncos. Hope they don't advance any further. Hahaha!

Old 01-13-2014, 12:36 PM

7,764 posts, read 16,832,501 times
@Ragazza...I'm not faulting your choice, simply pointing out that it is a choice, and not something that you are being made to do. It's as good a choice as any other! I commented on what you actually wrote, and not on what you might have meant to say. I'll be rooting for Tom Brady and the Patriots in the next round, not because I don't like the Broncos, but rather because I've been a Tom Brady/Patriots fan for more than 10 years. If the Broncos win, and I think they will....I'll be rooting for them in the Super Bowl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver