U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2011, 09:30 AM

3 posts, read 2,882 times

Advertisements

I know this is one more "where should I live?" posting... but I really need help. I'm relocating to Denver area from Atlanta. The ONLY time that I have been to Colorado was to interview for the position that I am now moving for. Sooo excited! I think i've narrowed it down to 3 apartments, but PLEASE if you know of one that I've overlooked let me know. I want a 2 bedroom apt and stay just at $1000 or under.

I'm a female, single, black, 31year old. I'm not looking for the college crowd, more business minded but still youthful area. I have a small dog and 1 car. Does everyone charge a monthly pet fee?! I'm used to just a one time pet fee. Oh well. She's not going anywhere :-)

1.) Will the commute going to work at 8am be pretty easy at these locations.
2.) Grocery and daily shopping needs close. Is there any near these locations??
3.) All pf these apartment sites read, "Close to transit" are these walking distance? Or is their a lot to leave my car?

My work address will be:
10375 Park Meadows Dr., Lone Tree, CO 80124

Here are the apartments that I like....purely based on google earth, google and more google.

The Villas @ Homestead
6857 S. Homestead Parkway
Centennial, Co

Sonoma Resort at
22159 E. Ontario Dr.
Aurora, Co 80016

Windsor at Meadow Hills
4260 S. Cimmaron Way
Aurora, Co 80014

Thanks sooo much in advance for any bit of information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 10:00 AM

13,961 posts, read 20,232,249 times
Default None of the above

1. Ignore everything you read about "transit". There is none near any of these locations going anywhere you would want to go. This is 100% automobile territory.

2. Your work location is basically: I-25 and Lincoln. The proposed apartment locations would be ranked in declining order as you listed them.

3. But, I would go to PadMapper and look at both 1 and 2 bedroom apartments closer to work. Commuting is how you waste your life, not driving an extra mile to the grocery store. Live close to work.

4. The rental market in greater Denver is very tight. Colorado apartment vacancies at 10-year low | Inside Real Estate News Atlanta is different: America's 10 sickest housing markets - Business - Real estate - msnbc.com

Old 12-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 25 days ago)

10,890 posts, read 29,335,340 times
That was my office address when I worked at RE/MAX. try padmapper.com, daily.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:54 PM

3 posts, read 2,882 times
Default Rethinking my choices.

Thanks for the info. I am going to padmapper to search the area as both of you recommended. Any more suggestions... Anyone???

Old 12-19-2011, 08:04 PM

129 posts, read 182,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MischaMoving View Post
Thanks for the info. I am going to padmapper to search the area as both of you recommended. Any more suggestions... Anyone???
I'm here recently from Atlanta, and believe me, it will be a culture shock for you..... Traffic here is a mess, in a number of ways, and finding your way around is maddening. At least people here drive about 30 mph slower than in the AtL, and watch speed signs, as there are a thousand speed traps all over the place. I would advise living as close to your job as possible, so you can avoid rush hour as best you can.....

Old 12-19-2011, 08:37 PM

4,880 posts, read 9,630,006 times
There are lots of apartments in the Park Meadows area and in Highlands Ranch. Don't know if any of them take dogs, though. The commute from the Villas at Homestead should be just fine. Regarding distance to light rail, it's probably a couple of miles and, yes, there is a parking lot there. You won't need that for work, but it would be good to take downtown and to sports events (football, basketball, and baseball).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver