U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 10:57 AM

309 posts, read 780,009 times

Advertisements

I am looking at properties to rent online with a trip planned the weekend of 4/5th Feb to view the shortlist, and have seen a property which does not state an exact address but says it backs to the High Line Canal Trail and is close to Bible Park and Tamarac Square and is in a newer (1999) sub-division. Looking at the zip code map that someone put a link to in an earlier post, I am assuming the house falls within zip code 80231 or 80224.

Are these good areas in terms of nice neighborhood? Also I am hoping to be able to use public transit to go to my office which is on 17th St/California area - it looks like there are several bus routes in that area, does anyone make this commute and if so is it easy (not too many changes of bus etc) and approx. how long does it take? I see on google maps that Tamarac Sq seems to have restaurants and various retail, is this a nice shopping area (well kept, good variety of shops etc) ?

Thanks in advance to any pointers people can supply!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 11:40 AM

17,220 posts, read 27,393,844 times
Default Nice

Anything next to Highline Canal is "nice".

Tamarac Square is being demolished.

However, there is a large Whole Foods across the street (Hampden Ave) from Tamarac.

This Mapnificent Denver - Dynamic Public Transport Travel Time Maps for Denver says 1 hour on RTD to get downtown.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:15 PM

56 posts, read 85,371 times
Yes, its a nice area. I grew up there and still live there. Denver city but more suburban in feel...great access to downtown.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:08 PM

Thanks both. The map link is great, appreciated.

If Tamarac Square is being demolished though does this mean it is run-down / ugly etc now and do you know what is going to be there instead?

Old 01-23-2012, 02:11 PM

17,220 posts, read 27,393,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily64 View Post
If Tamarac Square is being demolished though does this mean it is run-down / ugly etc now and do you know what is going to be there instead?
Not ugly. Not really rundown. It just became unpopular.

Hello Target.
Tamarac Square will be torn down - Denver Business Journal

Old 01-23-2012, 02:12 PM

12,564 posts, read 10,037,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Not ugly. Not really rundown. It just became unpopular.

Hello Target.
Tamarac Square will be torn down - Denver Business Journal
As long as they keep Bennihana there I will be happy.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Hmm interesting, wonder how long that will take though! Seems to be enough other stuff around though for most everyday type needs so I guess not a problem.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:11 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,153,963 times
80231 is a quiet zip code in southeast Denver. Lots of reasonable townhome and condo stock for rental along South Quebec Way. Most of it was built in the 90s.

Indian Creek is in 80231, and it's often cited as the most crime-free neighborhood in Denver proper.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:38 PM

13,807 posts, read 28,485,503 times
I live just south of there in 80237.

It's a nice area. There may be a bus that goes to the Yale Station, which would take you straight up to 16th or 18th/California. Or, you could drive to the Yale Station. It's probably about a 20-35 min ride.

They just wrecking-balled what had to have been the kitschiest movie theater in Denver. You won't have to go far to get daily activities done.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:37 PM

5,610 posts, read 22,514,583 times
80231 represent!

I'm thinking the home you are looking at, if it's 1990's era construction, is in one of two possible locations. It's either a small neighborhood that's right off Syracuse, a few blocks south of Yale, or it's in another small neighborhood right off Harvard Ave a block or two west of Syracuse.

Overall, I think the residential neighborhoods in this area are very good. Very quiet. A lot of old people, it seems like. Most of this area is 1960s/70's era. A lot of the unincorporated Arapahoe County area (which is where your home in question is probably located) consists of apartment complexes. Some of them are really nice, some of them are ok, some of them are kinda ghetto and rent only to section 8 vouchers.

Tamarac Square has been leveled and will probably just be a fenced off vacant parking lot for a long time until the economy booms again. However there is still plenty of shopping up and down Hampden Ave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver