Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 10:17 AM

8,950 posts, read 20,372,776 times

Advertisements

Sometimes people just have to do the commute for different reasons. I drove 18 miles from Englewood to downtown for about 2 years, until we bought a house in Parker (on a hill, up from Wal Mart) and my commute went to about 28 miles. I loved my job, so I did it. Believe it or not, before buying in Parker, we actually looked at a house in Sky Country (wayyyyyyy out there) and in Strasburg (off of 70/east of Denver)......absolutely NO WAY for either of those! My wife had a much shorter commute to her job at Lincoln & I-25.
Of course back then, I was about 10 yrs younger than now. No way now at age 63!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
there are places that are great for kids that are closer to downtown than CR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 10:45 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca-ut-?? View Post
I'm sure, but we really like Castle Rock. BUT... we just moved here so we might discover other places we like. That's what's great about renting first right?
Yes, that is good. We didn't rent first. I'm happy with where we ended up, but sometimes I think we should have rented first.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:02 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,497 times
Quote:
this is the second day of me driving my hubby to lincoln ave station and it SUCKED!

Part of the problem is that we have a car that sucks at being in snow, part of it was traffic. At 6 am!!! I didn't think that was possible. Everyone is an early raiser here in CO.

We are getting another car next week so that I won't have to drop/pick him up every morning.

Now we are looking for places to live near lincoln station instead of castle rock. I am not giving up on CR yet but if this happens often enough, it's not worth it.
ca-ut,

Keep in mind that there were 2 pretty bad accidents in/near Castle Pines that morning so that is probably why the commute was terrible. When we used to live in CR and I drove to the Tech Center, snow days weren't ideal but no where near that bad!

One other thing about the Lincoln Station and I am not sure if you are aware but I believe you have to pay to park if you don't live in Lone Tree. I could be wrong about the specifics but you should look into it if you haven't already.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:56 AM

152 posts, read 323,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
ca-ut,

Keep in mind that there were 2 pretty bad accidents in/near Castle Pines that morning so that is probably why the commute was terrible. When we used to live in CR and I drove to the Tech Center, snow days weren't ideal but no where near that bad!

One other thing about the Lincoln Station and I am not sure if you are aware but I believe you have to pay to park if you don't live in Lone Tree. I could be wrong about the specifics but you should look into it if you haven't already.
oh yeah, we know about the parking.

We thought there were accidents but didn't see anything, by the time we passed by. Must have cleared off.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:28 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,497 times
Quote:
oh yeah, we know about the parking.

We thought there were accidents but didn't see anything, by the time we passed by. Must have cleared off.
Yeah, there were multiple right around the Castle Pines/Surrey Ridge area. I was heading to the airport and some times I'll head through CR to get to 25. Thankfully, I heard the traffic report before hand!

Old 02-12-2012, 05:25 PM

13 posts, read 52,601 times
With the 5-7 snowstorms we get a season, I just work from home. The bar is SO low here on snow removal, and they won't use rock salt, they drop gravel and sand. (water table concerns). My wife waits until the afternoon to give the plows time to catch up and for the sun to get a chance to help. Thankfully employers usually have a good attitude about delays or work from home, and it happens usually less than 8 times over 4 months.

Fyi good plowing is down to bare road and NOT 2-3 inches of snow.

Better plowing would help, but so many folks from someplace else, traffic backs up if it just rains.
RAIN. Oh and the no headlights bugs me too, but they don't have the common sense signs, ie "If your wipers are on, turn on your lights." They think they're saving fuel or something if they keep their lights off.

Either move closer or enjoy the conga lines of Denver's infrastructure being behind it's growth. 2 lanes and at every merge is a backup. I'm really hoping they get creative on improving infrastructure. The lightrail expansions are a step into the right direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver