Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 03:15 PM

2,394 posts, read 5,000,636 times

Advertisements

Looks like DD is finally coming to Denver, unfortunately they are retarded and all 11 new stores are going to be north of I-70. Nothing like having some diversity..

Dunkin' Donuts rolling back into Denver with 11 stores - The Denver Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 03:57 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Since I've gotten here, Denver has gotten an Ikea and had TJ's and DD announce plans to come to the city. Life is good!

Not so into doughnuts, but they have reasonably healthy breakfast sandwiches, which makes me very happy when I'm under deadline. And their coffee is great for deadlines too.

Thanks for the post, Snikt!

Old 02-09-2012, 04:00 PM

2,394 posts, read 5,000,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Since I've gotten here, Denver has gotten an Ikea and had TJ's and DD announce plans to come to the city. Life is good!

Not so into doughnuts, but they have reasonably healthy breakfast sandwiches, which makes me very happy when I'm under deadline. And their coffee is great for deadlines too.

Thanks for the post, Snikt!
I agree, DD was the last store I was waiting for. Just wish they were a little smarter about placement. 4 in the south, 4 in the north, etc... but no lets put all 11 in the same small section of a big metro area?

I would go to DD almost every morning in FL, turkey sausage sandwiches and stuff that are healthier than almost everywhere else

Old 02-09-2012, 09:08 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,886,305 times
They will have another franchisee do the south, don't worry. The speculation is rising that In N Out is coming too. All I'm wanting now is a Frys Electronics and I'd be good, sorry Microcenter you just don't cut it.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:10 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times
I kind of liked NOT having Dunkin Donuts, and the same with Trader Joe's. It made it more of a treat for me when I visited a city that had them.

Disclaimer: There are MANY donut shops in Denver that are WAY BETTER than Dunkin'. The Walton's Donuts at Leetsdale and Monaco is excellent.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:24 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,886,305 times
Dunkin doesn't really compete on donuts, those are sort of the legacy product. They make their money off coffee.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:49 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,403,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
I agree, DD was the last store I was waiting for. Just wish they were a little smarter about placement. 4 in the south, 4 in the north, etc... but no lets put all 11 in the same small section of a big metro area?

I would go to DD almost every morning in FL, turkey sausage sandwiches and stuff that are healthier than almost everywhere else
It would have been ill advised to put 4 restaurants in the north and 4 in the south. The reason is to limit management effort and costs over multiple units and to have control over a smaller area with adequate penetration of the market area. It is well known hazard in the restaurant business to spread units too far apart for adequate management and most importantly, quality control.

I am willing to bet that the franchise agreement calls for a limited area within a metro region so that there will be a another franchise area in the south to provide the same level of control and penetration.

Livecontent

Old 02-09-2012, 10:03 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
Lamar's Doughnuts are WAY better than DD or KK...

As for new franchises....Steak and Shake just came to town and JITB is back after a long hiatus!

Old 02-09-2012, 10:10 PM

1,627 posts, read 4,218,549 times
FINALLY...we can have a city that is JUST like every other city! It's good to know that no matter where you go in this great country of ours, EVERYTHING will be the same =)

Maybe they can all even run out some of those local shops around town...after all, we all know how much large national corporate chains care for their locations...since, of course, it's easy...they are, after all, all the same.

Seriously, though, I don't know of any local donut shops or even many bakeries (though I'd love to if anyone would share), but celebrating the coming of any of these national chains seems to prioritize convenience (in the age of internet shopping, no less) over that of supporting local business owners and entrepeneurs. Deeper we go into the service economy, and we don't even get the benefit of local culture and personality to go with it. Wonderful.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:12 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
For those of you guys who haven't lived here for a while... Dunkin Donuts used to be in Denver up until ca. 15-20 years ago, before they closed up all the locations. I know there used to be one at Leetsdale & Monaco. Thread should be titled "Dunkin Donuts coming [back] to Denver."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver