Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2012, 11:27 AM

5 posts, read 10,071 times

Advertisements

Hey all, first time posting here. So I've been planning on moving here once my lease is Boulder is up in the beginning of August. Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit here in Boulder fall pre-leasing seems to be a huge thing, but I haven't really seen much come in so far. I've been using Padmapper but would love to check out any alternative/local sources.

Basic search criteria:
* Dog friendly. Proximity to dog park is a plus.
* Absolute max rent $1100 (but I'd have to really love the place)
* A young, hip neighborhood. As in music venues and coffeeshops etc.. From what I hear that means lodo, cap hill, or wash park.

A little about myself:
25, single, web developer that plans on commuting to Boulder. Am I looking at the right neighborhoods? When can I expect the listings to roll in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 11:36 AM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Default Berkeley

Look at Berkeley or Sunnyside.
But, you will have to drive around these neighborhoods as many rentals are just a sign in the front yard.

Dogs: Berkeley Dog Park http://www.denvergov.org/Parks/Denve...8/Default.aspx

Food: Berkeley, Sunnyside, West Highland and Highland have a zillion restaurants and LoDo is only 3-4 miles away.

Commute: Much easier to get to Boulder from the North Side than from Wash Park, LoDo or Capitol Hill.

Last edited by davebarnes; 02-26-2012 at 11:51 AM..

Old 02-26-2012, 02:36 PM

Thanks, I don't really know anything about Berkeley/Sunnyside. I'll have to take a drive next weekend

Old 02-26-2012, 04:14 PM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Default Learn more

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjamin View Post
Thanks, I don't really know anything about Berkeley/Sunnyside.
1. Berkeley Regis United Neighbors - Home
2. The Berkeley District
3. http://3968vrain.com/English/Collate..._Crime_Map.pdf
4. Sunnyside United Neighbors, Inc.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:17 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,400,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Commute: Much easier to get to Boulder from the North Side than from Wash Park, LoDo or Capitol Hill.
That comment is not totally correct. It is much easier to get to Boulder from Downtown which is easily accessible from Wash Park and especially LoDo or Capital Hill if one takes the fast, frequent, convenient, comfortable regional bus to Boulder. Also, you can get to downtown easily from Highland--even walk or bike over the pedestrian bridge; Berkeley would require just a little bus ride. Of course, it all depends on where in Boulder you are going.

http://www3.rtd-denver.com/schedules...e=12&routeId=B

The opportunity to meet enticing and exciting people on the bus is excellent vs. speeding down the highway. I use to do it all the time...now, the desired of my youth do not want to sit next to me because an old fat man is not the desired of their youth.

Driving to Boulder on I-36 is not always nice.

Last edited by livecontent; 02-26-2012 at 05:28 PM..

Old 02-27-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
That comment is not totally correct. It is much easier to get to Boulder from Downtown which is easily accessible from Wash Park and especially LoDo or Capital Hill if one takes the fast, frequent, convenient, comfortable regional bus to Boulder. Also, you can get to downtown easily from Highland--even walk or bike over the pedestrian bridge; Berkeley would require just a little bus ride. Of course, it all depends on where in Boulder you are going.

http://www3.rtd-denver.com/schedules...e=12&routeId=B

The opportunity to meet enticing and exciting people on the bus is excellent vs. speeding down the highway. I use to do it all the time...now, the desired of my youth do not want to sit next to me because an old fat man is not the desired of their youth.

Driving to Boulder on I-36 is not always nice.
I get an EcoPass though work and am already used to busing into work (downtown Boulder) from where I live now in S Boulder. I imagine the bus wouldn't be too bad and I'm definitely willing to leave a bit early to make it work. I'm not adverse to a little walking and biking, but part of the reason I want to move to Denver is to be in the city.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:45 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,400,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjamin View Post
I get an EcoPass though work and am already used to busing into work (downtown Boulder) from where I live now in S Boulder. I imagine the bus wouldn't be too bad and I'm definitely willing to leave a bit early to make it work. I'm not adverse to a little walking and biking, but part of the reason I want to move to Denver is to be in the city.
Good for you. When I came to Colorado, about 34 years ago, I lived and worked in Boulder. It was a prime destination for many to Colorado. It was nice and interesting but I was already past that time of my life. I did the college scene at many Colleges and I just could not live in that environment again as Boulder is too dominated by the University. I wanted to be near Denver and the opportunities were better.

Now, that I am a senior and retired, The more dense Urban areas of Denver are calling me and I may be moving more into the City. Denver is much more sophisticated then it was decades ago. It now offers many more nice walkable areas in interesting redeveloped neighborhoods with good public transportation which I value.

I think now Denver is much more of an allure. Boulder will still be a magnet to some as it has many amenities, but Denver is much more of a place with a more varied environment.

Livecontent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver