Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2007, 11:25 AM

19 posts, read 107,391 times

Advertisements

I'm an RN with over 20 years experience(mostly M/S some Tele). We are looking to move to the Denver area, Thinking of Littleton or Arvada. What hospitals would be good to work at, and what pay ranges, shift diff(i like 12 hrs night shifts) ,health insurance cost for employee and spouse, sign on bonus's moving expenses reimbursements, etc. I know this info is available from nurse recruiters but have not always found them to give a "true" picture of the working reality. Also what are the nurse to patient ratio, do they have LPN's and CNA's to help?
I need a family oriented neighborhood with kids. My daughter (recent divorced) and 4 grandkids will be living with us until she can get thru school. Grandchildren ages 10,7,4,2 would like play mates close by. Good schools important, too. Schools are one of the reasons for moving. (lack of good quality in my area)
Thanks for any information!!!!
Looking to move after this school year, June or so.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2007, 01:39 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
If you live in Arvada, the closest hospital is Lutheran Medical Center. They are part of Exempla and have a website, which you can google. St. Anthony's is also close (maybe closer from some locations), and moving to Lakewood in the western suburbs at some time in the near future. They are part of Exempla, also has a website.

I am not familiar with Littleton.

I do not work in a hospital, so can't answer your questions. Most hospitals are on 12 hour shifts.

You can search for schools on this site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver