U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 04:47 AM

2,146 posts, read 1,258,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdddiv View Post

I have a court summons and the ticket is currently at 6 points. I know it's possible I'll get my license taken away. I have a completely clean record, I'm in good standing in the community, and this is my first offense.

What are the odds that I'll be able to get my points reduced and either pay a fine or do community service?? I'm at a complete loss here.

Thanks.
When I lived in the Denver metro area and was younger, with a "lead," foot, you could go to court and get some points shaved off. One time, I turned right on to a one-way, lower downtown Denver, it was very early in the morning, on my way to work and Mr Policeman, was waiting for me, yep. The points were lowered and a fine.

Now, that I am in Colorado Springs, the court seems a little tougher, some points were taken off;but was a huge fine and court costs; they do allow some community service in lieu of fines......(I think.) Not sure, about the Denver metro area.

Good luck and my advice.....slow down......my ticket in Colorado Springs, was near a school; no posted school zone; but the policeman said they watch out for the school kids, which is great. What is weird? There is a new café across the street from the school, with a liquor license.........

Good advice, like people say be polite and contrite; my son bit a huge bullet, when he was about your age!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 12:32 PM

5,090 posts, read 13,522,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Kellogg View Post
Thanks for the lecture, Dad.
You got this wrong. Given our disparity in our ages, you need to address me as GRANDPA!

You got some good advice on this forum. You will learn that these upsetting and embarrassing mistakes and incidences will fade in your memory and mean much less to you in your future. We have all have made the same mistakes and worry too much about them in our youth and then think back; sometimes laughing at our innocence and immaturity.

Good Luck,

Grandpa

Old 11-07-2015, 04:08 PM

370 posts, read 395,079 times
To the OP...

I got busted for going 39 in a school zone on Huron once. I was the only car on the road, didn't see the flashing school zone thing when turning on from 84th, there weren't any kids (it's 4:30PM), and just got busted.

The cop ended up writing me for 39 (normal speed limit was 40) in a 20, but left the school zone issue out. $140, 2 points, whatever, done.

I DOUBT you'll lose your license over this, it'll probably be bargained down, especially if you haven't had any issues before. Just bring your parents, be polite to the judge, be prepared to pay the fine, and accept it as an learning experience. It's not the end of the world.

And, hey, at least you didn't do what I did at your age...totaled my mom's Chevy Corsica on a learners permit! I had to pay the fine, pay for driving license, buy my own car, and get my own insurance. I didn't get my license until I was 20 and a half because of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or